Good Times 5K of Lowell MA

Good Job (Read 384 times)

RickyB

CONGRATS marathoners!!!! Looks like there might have been some pr's
      RickyB! Where were you! 21 PR's to be exact...but none from the Boston group (that I know of). Record turnout tonight? 239 finishers.

I don't think that is an overall record, probably a first night record or a Spring series record.  I'm pretty sure the Summer series record is higher than that but I'm too lazy to actually check.

And answer the question, where the hell were you RickyB?

E.J.
        Greater Lowell Road Runners
        Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

I think Ricky meant the Marathon, not Good Times.

upcoming races:

hmm..only 239 finishers...I thought Dave said it was the largest turnout ever with over 300+ registered..

guess alot of people didn't finish, unless there were issues with the bib timing chip

all i know is that the 30-39 AG got pretty damn tough ..run an 18:52 and lucky to get 3rd in AG and got beaten by a large margin.

That damn Jason character will be entering the AG soon too..Fil can you bring a club to whack him over the knee next week? Runs a 3:02 and change at boston and follows up with an 18:25 5k..somebody test him for PEDs

I think Ricky meant the Marathon, not Good Times.

Jason needs to clean up the distance for his marathons, I'm pretty sure it's 26.2 miles.  This was a really nice PR for him, and his PR page should reflect that.  I ran Boston, J raced it.  Then he runs a freaking 18:24 the next night. Unreal.

And Tom and Jonathan Morris both earned Milies on opening night, it looks like this will be another great year all around.

hmm..only 239 finishers...I thought Dave said it was the largest turnout ever with over 300+ registered..guess alot of people didn't finish, unless there were issues with the bib timing chip

If you create enough categories, anything can be a record.  

Record Start
              Under very pleasant conditions the eighth running of the Good Times Series got off to a record start. We had the largest field (239 finishers) ever for the first night of the series.

E.J.
              Greater Lowell Road Runners
              Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Jason needs to clean up the distance for his marathons, I'm pretty sure it's 26.2 miles. 

DONE! PR summary cleaned up.

Socref91

Fil can you bring a club to whack him over the knee next week?

Do we really want to hear him scream "Why me, Why me"..... yeah we do.....lol