Good Times 5K of Lowell MA

Ed & Tom..what do you think of the Saucony Kinvara? (Read 569 times)

I tried on the Nike's, They felt like they had a bump under the front of my foot?

Got me on that one, but new shoes should feel GREAT when you try them on.  I would try another pair, and if you get the same feeling just fuggedabout 'em.

E.J.
    Greater Lowell Road Runners
    Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Ordering up the Kinvara and also a pair of Nike Free +..also getting the saucony razors for the winter..they are like half price from running warehouse plus another 15% offWink

The Kinvara is definitely a favorite, but my kids bought me a pair of Nike Free for Father's Day and I really like them too.  I've seen a fair number of posts saying that the Free really helped with plantar fasciitis, so it might be worth a try.

I can't get 500 miles out of any pair of shoes????? 350-400 seems to be the limit for me.....I wish that i could get a 1000 miles out of my shoes!I tried on the Nike's, They felt like they had a bump under the front of my foot?  

Ricky, you may want to try a 1/2 size  up on the Nike...I typically need to go up a half size in most nikes because I like a bit more room in the toe box..I bought a pair of the Nike Free Run + and they are very comfortable to walk around in..they are on deck along with the Kinvara as the next shoes to get into the rotation, but it may not be until winter is over..

Also, not sure if you ever bought the pair of Saucony Razors..but Running Warehouse has them down to $69 and change plus 15% discount (using team code CP15) for a final price of $59.40 shipped..not bad since they retail for $135..I picked a pair up for the winter..they are heavier than I like but fairly comfortable

My last run put my first pair of Kinvara over 500 miles, and they're holding up pretty well and still feeling good.  The black triangles in the high wear zones are just about worn away, and the upper is starting to show wear in a couple of spots on the forefoot where it flexes a lot.

An excellent shoe all around, I have a second pair in rotation now and one in the box.  I just ordered $100 worth of Running Warehouse gift certificates for $80.00 (it's a limited time offer),  so I can get the price per pair down to just under $50.00 when the certs arrive.  That's gonna be tough to beat.

MTA: looks like plain old forest green may be going away, to be replaced by SLIME soon.  Oh yeah, I'll be sporting slime colored Kinvara at some point.   : )

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Got the 20% off gift cards too. Hopefully I can combine with CP15 discount...nice savings. Also picked up a pair of the slime green Kinvara (first pair) and Newton trail runners.

evtish

Thanks for the tip EJ.  I probably would have quickly deleted that rw email.  I picked up a $100 GC.  What a deal.

I am really liking these..so far only 3 runs in them, but one was an 18 miler and another a 22 miler..great shoes

Thanks for the tip EJ.  I probably would have quickly deleted that rw email.  I picked up a $100 GC.  What a deal.

It wouldn't be a great deal if the site's prices were just OK, but they're really good.  Free shipping and return shipping always helps, you gotta love Running Warehouse.

Newton trail runners J?  I figured you'd go for the Inov8 XTalon 190 or 212

E.J.

Socref91

Black/Gold.... Bruins colors.....yeah.....

Black/Gold.... Bruins colors.....yeah.....

And light as can be.  I think the model number is the shoe's weight in grams (for men's size 9)

212 g = 7.47807 oz

Which I believe is the correct weight for the 212     Shocked     That's damned light for a trail shoe, mine are like bricks in comparison.

E.J.

I am really liking these..so far only 3 runs in them, but one was an 18 miler and another a 22 miler..great shoes

I might have spoken too soon..My knee problems started up after that 22 miler. They seem to flare up every run I wear the Kinvaras..Wondering if they are messing up my mechanics or just exaggerating an existing flaw, but they are getting shelved until after Disney.  Then I'll re-evaluate.

Eric, two questions:

1. What size do you wear?

2. Can I have them?

Thanks!

Big grin

Eric, two questions:

1. What size do you wear?

2. Can I have them?

Thanks!

Big grin

Size 8 and I'll let you know Wink

evtish

They're great for up to 45  minutes for me outside, no after effects.

If I run longer than 1 hr with them on the roads, my feet are noticibly sore for awhile after the run.  Probably bc I'm a heavy lander.  I like a my Brooks Ghosts for the hr+ runs, feet feel fine afterwards.

Use them for shorter faster training runs.

Tom