Good Times 5K of Lowell MA

World's best $17 (or $22 or $7) race - Sunday November 27th in Andover (Read 231 times)

It's that time of year again, mark the Sunday after Thanksgiving on your running calendar.  There is no way to find a better value for your running dollar than the 32nd Annual Andover Cross Country 6k, even if you are paying the walkup registration rate of $22.00.  If you drop the app in the mail you can write the check for $17.00, and students are only $7.00.

You get a great mixed surface cross country course that starts on the fairway of the Andover Country Club, and runs on turf, cart path and roads.  A bit hilly, challenging and FUN.

After, you get a beer or two, some pasta and maybe even a cookie.  And plenty of bad jokes from Mr Microphone himself, your host Dave "Icky" Labrode.  First 350 even get a pair of running gloves too.

If you come out to run this one, I guarantee you'll put it on your calendar for next year.  It's a blast.

Sunday November 27th at noon

Andover Country Club

Canterbury Street (off Route 133), Andover, MA

E.J.
    Greater Lowell Road Runners
    Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Emphasis on the word "challenging". I thought running on the turf would be like a trail, but the soft turf really gives your legs a workout.

And Ed, don't forget Lisa's Lung Cancer race this Sunday 11/13. Great shirts! It's at the Elks this year for some reason, instead of JJ Boomers.

There better be beer there! 

upcoming races:

Celebrating my daughter's birthday on Sunday, so if I'm racing this weekend it will be tomorrow in Wakefield.  It's a 10k, and odds are I will toe the line.

Surprised that LLCA isn't at Boomers, wonder what the story is behind that.

E.J.
        Greater Lowell Road Runners
        Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.