Good Times 5K of Lowell MA

Anyone running Andover CC on Sunday? (Read 290 times)

evtish

I'm thinking I might drop by for that one.

Anyone else?

Absolutely.  Gotta be the best $15.00 you can spend, nice race, good food and some beer.  I think they usually give out cheap cotton gloves instead of a Tshirt.  It's an Icky LaBrode production, you can't go wrong.

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

evtish

Missed it - had to get some things done around the house.

Saw you, Jason, and Fil ran it on coolrunning results.

Nice little write up in the Lowell Sun: http://www.lowellsun.com/sports/ci_13892933

The winner is quite an animal on hills, hammering 5:14 pace on those ups and downs on the golf course is pretty damned good.  And there are a TON of turns on the course too.

I love this pic of him leading (and eventually winning) last year's Stu's 30k, hammering 5:47 pace for 18.6 ridiculously hilly (snowy) miles.

You gotta mark this one on your calendars for next year, it's always the Sunday after Thanksgiving.  The start is awesome, nothing feels better underfoot than that sweet fairway.

E.J.
            Greater Lowell Road Runners
            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.