Good Times 5K of Lowell MA

Good Times Spring Series 2010 (Read 2788 times)

I spoke to Glenn Stewart (GLRR President) last night and it looks like they are looking at an April 27th date for the first race in the spring series.

EJ, time to reset your countdown.

That's depressing.

Well that's really sucktastic, I'm not going to wait until April 27th to put my marathon training to good use.  I think I'll hit a couple of the Wakefield races before I trash my legs at Boston.

Here's my recommendation for the new GT PR medal.

E.J.
        Greater Lowell Road Runners
        Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

RickyB

Hey come on, That gives us a whole extra month to train! 

From Jimmy Shelton:

To all runners , the section of the riverwalk behind Lelacheur Park, where the scoreboard is, is closed for repairs and is anticpated to reopen by May 8th. Also the riverwalk starting from River Place into the finish line of the Good Times Race is closed today due to high water levels.

Wow. Looks like either a delayed Good Times Spring series or a partially new course?!

Wow. Looks like either a delayed Good Times Spring series or a partially new course?!

A sure sign of the coming apocalypse.  It wouldn't be the first time an alternate course was required, but I say we just run the damned thing as is and call it a steeplechase.

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

This extra sunlight has got me ready for good times.
                    Can't make it tonight, but there's a fair chance I'll be hitting the Mystic Runners Lake Q "fun run" next Wednesday at 6:45.  I gotta blow some carbon out of my cylinders, it's been too long since I've really abused my lungs on a race course.  It's time to unleash my inner mortally wounded water buffalo.

E.J.

Sounds like fun.  I'm in, just let me know where to meet you.
                        I actually walked the course today.  The water is down but riverwalk is closed behind LeLacheur.  Hopefully Dave has got another course ready.
                        lostinthenet3

MM#1869

Ed spoke with Dave today and Good Times will start April 20th day after Boston. Sorry I missed you. But I was not good company anyway after missing my goal.

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."

Thats good to hear.  Hopefully registration is up soon.
                              Can't wait to walk it on the 20th!
                                Can't wait to walk it on the 20th!

I heard 27th, anybody have confirmation on the date?  It's kinda shocking (not!) that the site hasn't been updated.

E.J.