Good Times 5K of Lowell MA

This group will now come to order.... (Read 260 times)

(Beloved moderator bangs virtual gavel to silence the motley crew, the motley crew stifles a yawn and continues to ignore the beloved moderator...) Hope everyone enjoyed the holiday, and worked off at least some of the tasty treats with a good run. I've checked goodtimesrun.com but Dave hasn't updated with the info for 2008 (SHOCKING!) so I can't provide the number of days to the opener as I'd hoped, but the opening night this year was April 3rd. Looks like you've got about 90 days to break in those nice new shoes from Santa and have them race-ready. And speaking of Santa, he got a look at Trent's training logs and put him on the naughty list. This is particularly unfortunate, because our young friend had asked for a great experience at the Disney Marathon on January 13th. It's not too late to wish upon a holiday star (in keeping with the Disney theme) and ask Santa to reconsider, although at this point even Santa may be too tired from the big night to pull off a job like this. I'm looking into a group voodoo ritual to help the sedentary lad, so stay tuned for further details. Rich went and ran the Mill Cities Relay without us, so if you are going to run the Spring series please come prepared to give him a ration of crap. I know I will. I'll probably be joining the Greater Lowell Road Runners in the Spring, so maybe we can follow through on Frank's lifelong* dream and put together a relay team and freeeze our buns off a year from now. A belated Merry Christmahannukwanzaa to all! * OK, it's not actually a lifelong dream but it's at least a couple of months old and the pizza grease stains on the sacred paper plate are starting to look kinda antique-ish.

E.J.
    Greater Lowell Road Runners
    Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Where is the beer?
        Where is the beer?
        Your training logs put you on the naughty list, remember? No beer for you. For those on the Nice list, I hear beer can be brought to Jessica's party in Chelmsford on New Year’s Eve. It might also be available at the Irish Americans Club in Woburn on New Year's Day after the the 6th Annual Run Your Hangover Off! , here’s the application See you there Mr Slacker? HTFU, it's only a hangover. Smile MTA: There will actually be Good Times runners at The 27th Annual Hangover Classic in Salisbury, I know Rich and Jessica are planning to be there and I'm pretty sure it includes FREE post-race beer. Not to mention a free mug if you are brave enough to take the ocean plunge.

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

As of right now I have to work on New Years Day. If that changes I'll force myself to run off that hangover.
            As of right now I have to work on New Years Day.
            Dude, that should be unconstitutional. Very sorry to hear. Cry

E.J.