Good Times 5K of Lowell MA

Thousands of Bobby Bell pics - a beautiful afternoon in Haverhill (Read 344 times)

All photos by Jim Rhoades of Coolrunning (as always, LOTS more at http://www.jimrhoades.com/ ) The Black Widow trying to sneak by unnoticed… Doug getting started Waldo doing what he does best. Where is he? Joined at the elbow since birth Huey, Dewey and Louie representin’ Lowell El Presidente in hot pursuit Gooden looken good Damnit he passed me again..next time I tell Junior the race starts at noon Jim runs alone to ensure high quality closeups Chris and his Kenyan shadow Jack looking way too cool Trent’s all business George trying out Tom’s “run the tangent” advice Mike on his way to yet another PR We don’t have six million dollars, but we can rebuild him, make him faster… Stacy (shown actual size) Rich can run, but he can’t hide. Well not here anyway. Once her guide dog fell behind, Jessica followed the sound of Rich’s size 17 shoes You would think Skip would live up to his name for at least one picture Check out the muscles on this handsome young man Tom making sure he’ll never be invited to join Greater Lowell Road Runners Ken bringing it home Dan looking strong (duh!) Ricky Bobby Junior has mad posing skillz Jim’s best imitation of a poseable action figure…pull the string and he says "I want beer!" I shoulda registered as Roberta, my time with gender grading would beat that punk… Jack practicing his beer grip as he approaches the Lasting Room Chris suffered a hideous on-course accident, but he finished and surgeons were able to reattach the leg Trent putting the finishing touches on a PR Another age group nailbiter…not Ho hum, another PR for Mike (gets boring after about 10 in a row...) Another limb lost on the course, so no more two fisted drinking for Rich. (I checked, he’s got accidental death and dismemberment coverage) Stacy said she was gonna puke, then didn’t. How disappointing. If you look closely, the shadow’s eyes are closed too All hail the King of the Clydesdales

E.J.
    Greater Lowell Road Runners
    Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

I can't figure out how I have both feet flat on the ground in my first picture. I know sometimes it FEELS like I'm standing still, but....

upcoming races:

I can't figure out how I have both feet flat on the ground in my first picture. I know sometimes it FEELS like I'm standing still, but....
        It's that ultra-efficient low-impact stride you've been working on, less wear and tear. Big grin

E.J.
        Greater Lowell Road Runners
        Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Awesome- great summary of a nice race. It sounds like I should've blown off the other commitment at stayed around for the post-race beers. Maybe next year. The leg's feeling much better. Dead