Good Times 5K of Lowell MA

Mark your calendar - Good Times opening night is Tuesday April 7th (Read 715 times)

Dave Camire was at the Super 5K yesterday, and said opening night is the first Tuesday in April. That only gives two races before Boston, but I guess it's better than none. Snow be damned, get out there and start wearing down those trainers people. And don't forget to do some twelve ounce curls, we don't want any significant drinking injuries due to poor preparation.

E.J.
    Greater Lowell Road Runners
    Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

I'm in fantastic drinking shape.
        I'm in fantastic drinking shape.
        I've never been so proud of you. That's my boy.

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

RickyB

april can't come soon enough!!! bottoms up and pr's for everyone Wink
            april can't come soon enough!!! bottoms up and pr's for everyone Wink
            I'll drink to that, a Miley and some beers sounds damned good. Now we just have to get this snow to melt before April.

E.J.

Geeze-- I almost forgot about all of you. But its time to start running again. Looking forward to Tuesday nights again starting 4/7
                Geeze-- I almost forgot about all of you. But its time to start running again.
                This strikes me as strange for several reasons. Forgot about us? How could you forget such a motley crew, I figured we would be inhabiting your nightmares. Start running again? You stopped? Huh?

E.J.

E.J.

BostonRnr

I'll be there on the 14th and possibly the 21st, but that's probably it. Just accepted a new job in Boston. GT5k is one of the few things I'll miss about working in this area Sad
                      I'll be there on the 14th and possibly the 21st, but that's probably it. Just accepted a new job in Boston. GT5k is one of the few things I'll miss about working in this area Sad
                      Well that's good and bad. Glad we will get the opportunity to wish you good luck in person. Smile

E.J.

Food, Folks, Fun, Beer

Thank god it's the 7th! My feet have been turning purple and being really cold. I got some tests back negative. I'm cleared for running!!!!!!!!!!! Ready to drink!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          I got some tests back negative.
                          So that we can determine the appropriate distance to maintain... Brain scan? Ebola?

E.J.

Can't wait, its going to be fun.
                            lostinthenet3

MM#1869

I may have to skip the first one. I have A PT appointment for my Very sore Hamstring that still has not forgiven me from sunday. I will be gettin treatment at 5pm In Worcester and Depending on two things I will or will not be there first if I can move I will try to get there the 2nd is what Time I get done from treatment I may just show up after the race to say Hello. To bad I was really looking forward to it all winter. But my first priorty is To get me semi healthy for Boston so I may have to sit the first few out. Broken and healed after last sunday. Fixed the mental part broke the physical. Doug.

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."

Well runners are mostly mental Doug. Actually runners are completely mental. I would have thought your hamstring would have been beaten into submission by now, but guess it doesn't work that way. I doubt it's going to like you much after Boston, so maybe we'll see you on the course for the second half of the Spring series. I might have overdone my training a little bit, my opening night PR prediction is looking pretty damned unlikely but who knows. At last check I was up by about 50 miles on the 2000 mile pace bunny, and that's got my legs feeling pretty tired and beat up. I blame the Shamrock Running Club and their Thursday night pizza and beer run. Like Trent, I'm in fantastic drinking shape.

E.J.