Good Times 5K of Lowell MA

Temptation race....where are the pickup points?? (Read 282 times)

evtish

So where are they located on the course. I'm definately going to pick something up, even if it's only a dollar, that will be one dollar more than I've won at this series so far. Oh,wait,..I got a losing Megabucks ticket one time.
      Last year they had boxes at the first water stop. Also on the highway, before the bridge, you can run down to the river to get an envelope. I'll be going for an envelope again.

Food, Folks, Fun, Beer

If you look at the sidewalk through the series, there's a $ sign with an arrow, u follow it down a path to someone with envelopes. It's a trick to get people to mess up their PR's for a chance at $100. I'm usually too slow to get one. I'm going for a PR and the cash! First track workout=tomorrow
          We are going to pass the hat next week, so please check your cars and couches for loose change. Dig deep guys, we need to get a nice flashing neon arrow to keep Tom from going off-course next year. Clowning around

E.J.
          Greater Lowell Road Runners
          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Food, Folks, Fun, Beer

Well I saved him 3 bucks last night by buying him a beer. He pulled a Festus on me. That's my contribution right there. Props to you Ed for posting the arrow picture. I also don't have any pity for him. Tom still finished 5-10 minutes earlier than I did. I'm realizing that my ankle is bothering me and I need to stop running and cross train. I ponied up the money for the whole series already so I'm stuck but that's the only 3 miles I am running til I'm back at it. Anyone up for a long rail trail bike ride Saturday?
              Saturday's my only training-free day, hope you get a good day for it.

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

evtish

I might need a bigger arrow than that to keep me on course!! Blush Great game last night!! #17!! Repeat next year? Dennis - maybe you'll find Kathryn. P.S: You got robbed dude, Hookslide's are only $2 Big grin
                lostinthenet3

MM#1869

If I ever Break the 30 min mark I may reconsider putting that posion in my system that you guys like and I may have a beer but only when I get on the right side of 30 mins. Doug. Big grin

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."

If I ever Break the 30 min mark I may reconsider putting that posion in my system that you guys like and I may have a beer but only when I get on the right side of 30 mins. Doug. Big grin
                    Doesn't sound like a good idea to me Doug, primarily because I just completed the free beer forecast portion of my 2008/2009 budget. I've got you down for freebies starting with the Kerouac this Fall and continuing through the Frozen Shamrock series. I'll have to redo the entire spreadsheet. Clowning around

E.J.

Food, Folks, Fun, Beer

Ed they got you doing accounting now at the firehouse? I guess times are tough for the men in red, eh? What suckers I mean.......brave young souls are we going to add to our "mistake on the lake" team? The Fab Four need two more sidekicks to become the Savy Six. You guys dont' want to know what happened after Tom and Trent left. Well most of it. It basically boils down to even the ugliest or poorest of girls dont find me rich, witty, or pretty enough for them. Maybe next time I will put a brown paper bag over my head and that will add some mystery to my pretty much open book. Let's face it, Kathryn and I are meant to be. I bet she could use some Strawberry Banana gels right now. I know Hookslides are $2. I got the "Hook and Ladder" beer that one time. I didn't spend $3.75 on your beer. You drank a $2 Hookslide. Did it taste like a $3.75 beer? Speaking of which, Im bored, I may have to go to the new Lowell Beerworks in Lowell and order me a brew or two, how do you do?

Food, Folks, Fun, Beer

Did I mention I ran into a bunch of former classmates from the class of 1999 at Hookslides near the endo f the Celtics game and we celebrated the victory by hooting and hollering and jumping around. Priceless!
                          Speaking of which, Im bored, I may have to go to the new Lowell Beerworks in Lowell and order me a brew or two, how do you do?
                          Didn't they just change the name of the Brewery?

Food, Folks, Fun, Beer

Trent they didnt just change the name. Have you ever been to Salem Beerworks or Boston Beerworks over by Fenway? Great food and they brew their own beer in a variety of beer styles and flavorings. Tongue
                              Great food and they brew their own beer in a variety of beer styles and flavorings.
                              I like beer flavored beer.

E.J.