Good Times 5K of Lowell MA

Baystate (Read 397 times)

I just signed up for the half marathon.  I enjoy this race, its convenient and well organized.

Who is going?

Will be doing the full. See you there!

Don't know what my volunteer assignment will be, but hopefully I'll be somewhere on the course yelling at you cheering you on.

E.J.
        Greater Lowell Road Runners
        Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

evtish

I signed up to suffer through my first half. 

8 AM start though, that's going to be hard for me to make that early in the morning!

I signed up to suffer through my first half.

Outstanding, you've been ready for a while Tom.

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Socref91

Same here, Don't know what my volunteer assignment will be... but unlike EJ i will be cheering you on...lol

Let's hope for good weather this year.

lostinthenet3

MM#1869

I Will be draging my slow sorry broken ass around the full. See you there! Hartford I am signed up for but not able to do. My 2nd DNS this yr. Thought is would be a good idea hip however corrected me and Since I need baystate for my compeltion of the USATF Ironrunner I am foucing on just getting it done in the 6 hr limit.

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."

evtish

Thanks to all you guys that voluteered.  Special thanks to Fil and EJ cheering me on course, that really gave me a boost!  I saw Trent and Chuck and alot of D5k runners too. and of course saw the GLRR green shirts marathon group early in the race so had to go up and chat with Jason. That should get me in his blog Smile  Hope everyone had a good race, we hit some great weather.

Thanks to all you guys that voluteered.  Special thanks to Fil and EJ cheering me on course, that really gave me a boost!  I saw Trent and Chuck and alot of D5k runners too. and of course saw the GLRR green shirts marathon group early in the race so had to go up and chat with Jason. That should get me in his blog Smile  Hope everyone had a good race, we hit some great weather.

Great job Tom!!!

I saw the notes in your log. Every half I've run have come up long on the Garmin. I think the Garmin gets less accurate the longer the race. The ones I've run were 0.25 miles long so 0.1 isn't too bad.

Great race Tom and nice writeup.  I'm very impressed with your result, congrats!

E.J.

Bay State write-up. And Yes, Tom. You're in it!Smile

http://jbrunningink.blogspot.com/2010/10/oct-17th-2010-race-bay-state-marathon.html

Great read Jason...Depending on how my Disney race goes in January I may be requesting your marathon pacing prowess next yearSmile

Another nice writeup by Double J (Jim Johnson) who finished 7th in the full.

And as promised....

Sorry I missed you Trent, I don't know what I had the camera set for but I was pressing on the shutter release hard enough to break it but got nothing.  Squared it away, but didn't see you again.

E.J.

Socref91

Who said Baystate is flat!!!!

Who said Baystate is flat!!!!

Yeah, on the Rourke the half gets a short steep uphill and a long gradual downhill.  The full gets a long gradual uphill, with a short steep downhill.  

E.J.