Toronto and Beyond

Mayor David Miller...a runner? (Read 182 times)

I saw a profile in the Toronto Star a couple of months  ago, which described him as physically active and a runner.

I am sure this was at least partly the result of his pr team trying to present an image they felt would be positive, and would tie in with the "low carbon/public transit/man of the people" image he is trying to project.

Turns out he did run the half at SWTM, though in a time of 2:15- not exactly hot stuff.

So what do you think- poser or player?

Simon.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

he is a big dude.... that is a large frame to drag around 21.1km.... I give him kudos.

I'm sure he doesn't have the time to train that is required to go sub 2 hours.

He lost a lot of weight lately.  All those rubber chicken dinners were catching up with him and he started (or re-started running to get the weight off).  I thought it was pretty cool that he's a runner.  I know nothing about his politics.

He was profiled in one of the Canadian running magazines, too.  Along with a bunch of other mayors who run marathons and even ironman competitions.

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

Also a rugby player in his youth.

Clearly, his morality is to be questioned.