Toronto and Beyond

6,316 miles (Read 329 times)

That's OK - maybe my next trip out here. I ran out by the waterfront this morning, and will probably go again tomorrow daytime. Since we won't be running tomorrow night, we are going to try for tickets to Jersey Boys. Tonight I'm off to see Rock of Ages. I just love visiting Toronto!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
    Thyroid Support Group

redleaf

Hope you had a great time!

I managed to take a tumble on the first of our hills on Wednesday and have managed to royally mess up my right ankle. grade three sprain or some such nonsense. Sigh

Good luck at your race!

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Lisa... that sucks..... sorry to hear.

Thanks, Lisa and so sorry to hear about your ankle.

The Waterloo course was not entirely flat, but the uphills were minimal and gentle, and there were even a couple of nice downhills. Sadly, the weather was not good. I had second thoughts about even starting, and I should probably have listened to my initial instincts! It was 7 with 35k/hr winds and moderate rain. I did not have the proper gear with me, and was completely drenched in a very short time. It would have been OK with either the temp and the rain OR the temp and the wind, but all 3 was bad and I ended up with a mile case of hypothermia. My goal was 2:15, and I ended up with 2:22:28. I"m looking at it as more of a training run, and have another low key half planned in May - it's a ready-set-go half - no goodies, no chips, just get out there and run. The course was very scenic, and I enjoyed it even with the bad weather.

Right now I am sitting in the Porter terminal on Toronto Island - where they have all these computers for use free of charge, as well as specialty coffee that puts Starbucks to shame I will definitely fly Porter on my next trip to Toronto.

Good luck to all of you with your training and racing this summer.

and I am so glad to be going home, ya know, where it's warm 

please PM me if any of y'all ever come up to Anchorage!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
          Thyroid Support Group

Thanks, Lisa and so sorry to hear about your ankle.

The Waterloo course was not entirely flat, but the uphills were minimal and gentle, and there were even a couple of nice downhills. Sadly, the weather was not good. I had second thoughts about even starting, and I should probably have listened to my initial instincts! It was 7 with 35k/hr winds and moderate rain. I did not have the proper gear with me, and was completely drenched in a very short time. It would have been OK with either the temp and the rain OR the temp and the wind, but all 3 was bad and I ended up with a mile case of hypothermia. My goal was 2:15, and I ended up with 2:22:28. I"m looking at it as more of a training run, and have another low key half planned in May - it's a ready-set-go half - no goodies, no chips, just get out there and run. The course was very scenic, and I enjoyed it even with the bad weather.

Right now I am sitting in the Porter terminal on Toronto Island - where they have all these computers for use free of charge, as well as specialty coffee that puts Starbucks to shame I will definitely fly Porter on my next trip to Toronto.

Good luck to all of you with your training and racing this summer.

and I am so glad to be going home, ya know, where it's warm 

please PM me if any of y'all ever come up to Anchorage!

Ah... that is too bad.  This is a very questionable time of year for weather, sorry that it screwed with your race.  Cold and Rain really sucks!

Good on you for toughing it out and finishing....... hypothermia... good grief.

At least you are having good coffee at the airport.  Wink

Enjoy the warm weather when you get back to Anchorage.

Jason