Toronto and Beyond

Have I found my Mojo? (Read 233 times)

Go Pre!

is 1:55 or bust in Hamilton.

Any insight on the course? I hear there is a gentle 3km downhill stretch.

That gentle stretch is actually 5-6km. If you are able to get out of bed that day I say you're in for a PB

That gentle stretch is actually 5-6km. If you are able to get out of bed that day I say you're in for a PB

Seems that you have thrown down the gauntlet for me on this one.....

I have a friend who has a 1:29 half running with me...... his job is to make sure I don't quit and push through the bad stretch.

I like the sound of a  5-6km stretch of gentle downhill...... I'll have about a month of  a "reasonable" amount of running in (compared to before Goodlife) so I should have a much better chance in the Hammer.

Nice work.

Hamilton, you say...

I'm locked and loaded for the Hamilton Half. 

You in?

Probably not. I am not fit enough to run a decent time and I am not that keen on dropping $65 for another race shirt.

I could consider as reconnaisance for next year, but the whole Boston filling in 8 hrs thing has got me thinking that I have to run a marathon before Oct. 18, 2011 for 2012 race - God and, more importantly, the B.A..A. willing...

I will probably be there to watch the finishers come in.

I haven`t run the race but I understand the marathon claims the highest percentage of BQ finishers of any marathon in Canada.

I don`t know if the half follows the marathon course.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

UPDATE:  No Mojo here

Go Pre!

it's coming back....patience young man.

MOJO is elusive.

With that said, I ran (well!) for two hours out along Northshore Blvd (AtB course), up the Valley Inn Hill to Dundurn Castle and back to LaSalle Park in Burlington - AND I did hanging in with a 3:05 and a 3:14 marathoner, so it seems there is still some oomff left in these old bones.

Monday (or Tuesday) I am signing up for the Oakville and Hamilton HMs... 

Go Pre!

Awesome News. I may run one or both of those halfs as well!

Good to see you back!