Toronto and Beyond

just some thinking out loud...(and yes, asking for input) (Read 113 times)

redleaf

I've been off for about 5 weeks now thanks to my sprained ankle. I'm hoping to get the okay tonight from the PT to start out again. And if not tonight then next week Wink

So I'm wondering. If you could do it all over again, what would you do differently? The reason I'm asking is 'cause I just did this whole learn to run thing out of a book. Walk 2 minutes, run 1, repeat, slowly the running and walking change sides etc.  We had a couple of people come in to work this week to give a talk on running as a skill. I think what they showed us basically amounts to pose(?) running. I've poked about here a bit and found a couple of sites on line and am just wondering what you all thought.

Given the chance to start again - what would you do? I am a heel striker, no one ever told me to do anything different, but I do approach it more with the mind set of pulling my feet up as opposed to driving them into the ground.

okaythanksbye!

Hope you're all doing well Smile

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Hey Lisa

Glad to hear you can start back soon.  I've often thought that I wish I had started by running faster in run portion of the run/walk.  I started on my own, just trying it and swore by the "run for as long as you can at whatever pace you can hold" theory was just as fast as run/walk.  I think that contributed to me being a slower runner.  I also think that I would have started running with a group earlier on.  Very motivating.  

My 2cents

Ruth

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.