Toronto and Beyond

6,316 miles (Read 329 times)

is what google maps calculates the distance I'll be travelling just to run an early half.... 

Waterloo Marathon

Have any of you run this race before? Planning on running it this year? I would love to meet up with any of you guys, either for a short run, or coffee. I'm not sure what my schedule in Toronto is going to be yet, but I'll be there April 20th - 26th.

OK - so it's not just to run a half  - I'm going to Boston to support a friend who qualified, and since all my family lives in Toronto,it was too close to pass on an opportunity to visit - I'm the only transplant, all the rest of my family lives in the Toronto area.

Are any of you running Boston? If so, I'm hoping there is going to be some kind of RA meeting planned either before or post race.

Cheryl

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
    Thyroid Support Group

I've never run in Waterloo..... but the 50 feet of total elevation seems like I should be running there. 

The weather should be nice while you are here.... spring in Toronto is great.

Where are you staying while you are in Toronto?  I'm in the east end.

If you have any interest in a Thursday night run on the 22nd.  I'm usually running with my group that night and its right on the subway line so its pretty easy to get there.

Jason

The 50 foot elevation was appealing - I don't get too many opportunities at terrain that flat! I'm curious as to the condition of the roads. In the meantime, I'm having to do most of my training indoors, but will spend the last 3 weeks outdoors as much as I can.

I'll be in North York part of the time, and my sis lives along Lakeshore Blvd - looks to be close to Marie Curtis Park. She told me that there is a trail that is  part of the Toronto Marathon basically right outside her door - nice! The weekend of the race, I'll be in Orton visiting my brother.

I don't get home that often, and my family usually has me on a "schedule" - but I am determined to get a couple of runs in, and I have really enjoyed meeting other RA'ers IRL. Hope we can arrange something when it gets closer.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
        Thyroid Support Group

Go Pre!

I'm running Boston. I am sure there will be some kind of RA meetup. I will post anything I hear here. I am up for thsat Thurs 22nd Run To JR.

Been super busy and anti RA lately but would still love to fit in a run - steak - wine night one of these days...or Sunday brunch. I am away for deux weeks so see you aftert that!

ciao

daddyho

ciao

daddyho

I haven't been on RA all that much myself lately - so when did daddyo become daddyho

I'm going to try to make the Thursday 22nd run

Good luck in Boston!

Go With The Flow
            Thyroid Support Group

redleaf

Have a great visit!

(I'm right downtown but WAY slower than all of you guys - I make a great cheering squad though)

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Thanks, Redleaf -  hope we get a chance to meet up!

Thanks, Jason, for suggesting the Thursday run, I'll check back in next month - now, back to training!

Go With The Flow
                Thyroid Support Group

The Waterloo 1/2 marathon has peaked my interest.  I'm doing a race there is August and it would be a good opportunity to see part of the course.  I thought the course was mostly rolling hills, but from the description on this website it seems relatively flat.

Thank you for taking the time to read my signature!

Don't know anything about the Waterloo marathon. Sorry. Good luck with that.

A Thurs night run might be tough, but maybe. As the date gets closer someone here remind me.

I am up for a dinner, or a Sun run with brunch to follow. I need lots of notice these days, but if I can get a date on the calendar (between birthday parties, swimming lessons, ballet lessons, playdates, etc.) I am usually good. DD-O, post a note when you are back.

AtB is 3 weeks tomorrow. I am woefully undertrained...

I'd be up for something as well.  I'd even start off the run with you but I'm slow too.  You guys order appetizers and I'll catch you for the main course or dessert, depending on what happens.  

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

between birthday parties, swimming lessons, ballet lessons, playdates, etc.)

I never thought you were a dancer.  Nice.

I have decided to pass on Around the Bay this year..... a little injury and much like Tuf... under trained.

JimR

Never ran it, but if you do, do come back and tell us what it's like.

There's a few halfs around that I'd like to do some times.  Like he hartwell half, stuff down in niagara, this one.  halfs are good cuz as long as you're getting in a decent regular weekend long run, you can run a half on a whim.

get together sounds good...go fer a run somewhere.  what area will you be staying at?

There's a few halfs around that I'd like to do some times.  Like he hartwell half, stuff down in niagara, this one.  halfs are good cuz as long as you're getting in a decent regular weekend long run, you can run a half on a whim.

?

There will be one near Waterloo on August 8th for $20.  The field will be small, but it is the first stage of the ENDURrun.  All the stages are $20 if you've got the morning off at all that week.

Thank you for taking the time to read my signature!

Yikes, where did the time go!

What time do you guys meet for the Thursday run? Where is it exactly? How far/ how long do you run for? I'm still not sure how much running I'll be doing that day - the half is on Sunday, and I generally need to run alternate days to keep injuries at bay. If I can't run that day, I could still meet for coffee or something either before/after.

I'm heading out Tuesday night and my internet access will be sporadic after that. Still hoping we can work something out.

Daddyo - any news on a Boston gathering? Good luck!

Go With The Flow
                              Thyroid Support Group

Go Pre!

Yikes, where did the time go!

What time do you guys meet for the Thursday run? Where is it exactly? How far/ how long do you run for? I'm still not sure how much running I'll be doing that day - the half is on Sunday, and I generally need to run alternate days to keep injuries at bay. If I can't run that day, I could still meet for coffee or something either before/after.

I'm heading out Tuesday night and my internet access will be sporadic after that. Still hoping we can work something out.

Daddyo - any news on a Boston gathering? Good luck!

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/2000/forum/297d07afe27949b495b2f1e0ebb3088f/0