Toronto and Beyond

Hello everyone! (Read 79 times)

Hi everyone,

My name is Carolyn and I am backstrech's daughter. I am 22 going on 23 in October. I am currently doing a pre-training before we pre-train for the marathon in May. I am currently running short mileage but as the days pass, I will slowly increase my distance. Looking forward too the long runs because those will be the toughest ones to get through. I am sure with my dad running at my side he will motivate me to continue as I will be doing the same for him. WIN WIN situation.

I was a spectator at my dad's run for the MidSummer night's dream. That's where I first met Dave, Dave, Jason and some others as well.  Dave and Jason were at the 2008 Scotiabank Marathon my dad entered. As I entered the 5km race and they were cheering me on as I was coming up to the home stretch. 

Thanks for your past encouragement, hopefully it continues and I see you guys soon.

Carolyn

Go Pre!

Welcome - and good luck with the training. We're here if you have any questiosn - it just may a take a few days to respong Wink

Dave

I will definitely keep that in mind Dave. My dad did tell me that all of you run more than you type. 

-Carolyn

redleaf

lol Hi!!!

(it's your cousin)

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Welcome Carolyn

That's awesome that you are running with your dad! I am one of the "runners" in the photos on the front page. That was a fun night at Midsummer's! Great place to get advice although sometimes you have to sift through it because for me it often applies to someone more athletic than me.

Good luck with the training and ask questions!

Take care

Ruth 

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

Hi Lisa, My dad told me you were a member on this site. (haha)

Hi Ruth, I really do enjoy running with my dad it is lots of fun and I am super excited for the longer distances. If I come across any questions I will post them for sure. Thanks for the encouragement Ruth. 

- Carolyn