Toronto and Beyond

reason I am re-starting running. (Read 137 times)

redleaf

You got one?

[my picture = two reasons - (1) I am too big and (2) I want to be around as long as possible for the little one in my lap.]

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Go Pre!

Great reasons, moreso, the second reason. Just do it and do it right. Ease back in so as to not get put off by fatigue or injury. I am here to answer any questions you may have. Good news!

Congratulations on reason #2!

As a grandfather whose grandkids live about 7,000kms away I miss those days.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

One foot in front of the other. Repeat. Good for you. Kiddo is adorable.
          redleaf

Thanks all!

HF #4362

Should be great motivation. great reason.

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

Go Pre!

How is the Walking / Running going Lisa

redleaf

How is the Walking / Running going Lisa

good thanks. Did 10:1s Sunday for the first time since 2009 Smile 

I'm about half way through the learn to run thing I'm doing. 

HF #4362

Does this mean we are re-starting this group? Maybe 'cuz we need a new mayor? Daddyo for mayor! Streets closed to traffic and cleared for Sunday long runs!  Marathons once a month! Trails cleared for winter running! Go Daddyo!!!!! :-D

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.