Toronto and Beyond

Goodlife marathon - NOW with pictures on page 2 (Read 173 times)

redleaf

Okay, trying again -- I got sick the weekend of Scotiabank and didn't want to try and trek across town. BUT from what I can see of the map I live pretty much at the 20km marker (same for 21.1km and the 42.2) at Goodlife Smile

So I will be out there --- I know Daddyo is running. Anyone else? Let me know and I'll do my best to take pictures. 

I'll even try and figure out where's best to take the pictures from and let you know ahead of time. Will likely be wearing my latvia jersey so I'll be easy to spot.

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Go Pre!

Yep, still in for the Marathon. Number 20 will be a charm!

Take good photos, there will be a pained look on my face I hope to cherish forever.

Jason_R is threatening to get out there and ruin the race. run the half.

Hope to see you guys there!

Go Pre!

Will likely be wearing my latvia jersey so I'll be easy to spot.

Of course, how can we not know what the Latvia jersey looks like!? Wink

redleaf

Of course, how can we not know what the Latvia jersey looks like!? Wink

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/GTA/forum/68db68b99eb9468085f95cd3e213cce0/1

page 2

HF #4362

In an attempt to get my mojo back I've challenged a co-worker (younger and faster) to a half marathon race in the spring.  He just did STWM (half) in 1:55 on lax training... much like my own......

In light of that I'm going to get out for the Half at goodlife...... Bib 3410

I need to go 1:55 or better.....

19 miles run in the past 30 days.

Oh.. and I'm off for a week in Newfoundland starting Saturday..... so that's really going to help my training.

I just may ruin the half..... or myself.

Good luck guys!

I have decided not to embarass myself by running when I am ridiculously undertrained, so will not be joining you this year.

Simon.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

No marathon for me this year. A bunch of reasons really. I may be out to cheer at the finish. Depends on things at home. Good luck to all runners. Wish I were running with you guys... may do the Road2Hope HM in a few weeks.

I went for a run today... first time outside in over a month.....

I have no fitness........ this could be an epic failure........ if only this were a half marathon relay......

I just hope to be finished the half before daddyo crosses for his 2 year BQ... Go Dave!

The weather looks good - maybe a tad warm.

Good luck everyone!  Run like a Kenyan!

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

Go Pre!

The weather looks good - maybe a tad warm.

Good luck everyone!  Run like a Kenyan!

Weather looks good. At least from 9am - 12:20 when I"ll be running Smile

Should be single digits to low teens.

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/fourteenday/caon0696

redleaf

Okey dokes. The plan is to be at Front and George (just west (past) of Sherbourne; before you get to Jarvis) I'll be on the north side of the street. I think last time all the runners were on the north side Smile 

I have JasonR down for the half (3410)   Half starts at 8 am. 

Daddyo is doing the full  - dave do you know your bib yet? 

HF #4362

And they're crabbing about the traffic jams already!!  I wonder if Ford will say anything?  

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

Go Pre!

1735 - probs in the black 'n pink Swamp singlet.

P.S. Freaking back spasms today!

Get on of those drug store heat packs to loosen it up... good luck. Weather couldn't be better. It's bright, so you might want some sunglasses. I forgot my in my throw bag last year and was pissed off about it for the first 10 or so miles.

i'll be in my ugly "Runner's Shop" orange and black tee with black shorts..... most likely a white hat and sun glasses... I'll be going very slow so I won't be hard to spot.  I'm going to have to give it everything I have if I hope to get under 2 hours..... not likely to happen.

Daddyo.... hope everything loosens up for you