Grandmas Marathon

Post Race (Read 321 times)

Phil7757

Sorry we missed the group picture but I was awfully washed out (4 hours 23 Minutes) --- with lots of walking starting at mile 14. Started out to fast and it was warm. Thanks for all the encouragement leading up to the race --- How did everyone fare?
      The heat slowed me up a bit too, ran a 3:37. No PR or BQ Sad but i'll take it under the conditions. I was there at 1:30 for the photo...1:30 eastern! oops, i forgot that my watch was showing the wrong time zone. Hope everyone else did well.
      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Berner and I got together for the photo. I was jogging this with a 4:15 goal in the heat, came in at 4:24 after slowing down around mile 22. Hot day. This is now two years in a row for Grandma's with unimaginable hot weather. Good job on your finishes!
          What happened to the 50 degree temps and cool lake breezes I read about in the brochure? Wink Congrats to everyone who toughed through the race. My 3:29 was a PR (by three seconds!) so I'm happy with the day. And on top of everything, I got to meet the famous Trent! Big grin

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Right now in DUluth it is 60 degrees, cloudy and feels cool. Sheesh.
              Sorry I missed the photo guys. Glad to see some of you were able to get together. Our kids were starting to get fiesty, so we couldn't hang around. Great job everyone.
                I thought I would be the only one to miss the photo! Came in at 4:35 - must have been around some of you during the run (or walk). My goal was to keep up with the 4 hour pacer, but couldn't get up to the corral area. Still managed to keep the pace until mile 15 or 16 - then had to slow down. Walked through most of the water stops, enjoyed strawberries and oranges along Superior, and finished comfortably. Post race, cramped a little but took a walk in the lake and it helped alot. No problems now. Looking ahead to M2. My sister came in at 5:20!!, but was carrying a margarita!!

2018 Goals:

Get Lucky Half  1:47:59

Grandmas Marathon

Fall Marathon - Twin Cities??

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The infamous photo Wink