Grandmas Marathon

2008 (Read 428 times)

Arrogant Bastard....Ale

Got my confirmation card today. Looks like I will be 2593. Definitely getting excited even if my first hill and tempo workouts this week didn't go as great as I hoped.

Imminent Catastrophe

Got my confirmation card today. Looks like I will be 2593. Definitely getting excited even if my first hill and tempo workouts this week didn't go as great as I hoped.
      I still haven't gotten mine. What's up with that?

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Arrogant Bastard....Ale

I still haven't gotten mine. What's up with that?
        When did you sign up? Mine took a lot more than 8 weeks I signed up the 3rd day I think Jan 17th or something.
          When did you sign up? Mine took a lot more than 8 weeks I signed up the 3rd day I think Jan 17th or something.
          I've got mine 2252 ... we're only about 6.5 weeks from the start. I imagine everyone's hitting the peak weeks and maybe evening looking forward to letting the "niggles" heal up during the upcoming taper. Training has been going pretty good for me ... getting in the workouts and definitely looking forward to Duluth.

Imminent Catastrophe

I did wait a while. I checked the website and I am registered, though.

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

PerfesserR, are you running? What are your travel plans?

Imminent Catastrophe

PerfesserR, are you running? What are your travel plans?
                Running might be an exaggeration. Surviving, more like, given my lack of preparation, I'll probably pace Dr. Roy again and call it a long run but yes, I'll be there. Probably fly to MSP and drive to Duluth but I haven't really decided yet. MTA: Our friend Carolyn (the RN who assisted with the downed runner at last years' "black flag" race) will be running her hundredth there.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Congrats to Carolyn!! I will not be able to run, although I will be about 30 minutes away. If during your weekend you want to escape and get some good North Wisconsin chow, I'm buyin' the beer. Smile Let me know...

Imminent Catastrophe

Congrats to Carolyn!! ...If during your weekend you want to escape and get some good North Wisconsin chow, I'm buyin' the beer. Smile Let me know...
                    Uh, did somebody say "I'm buying the beer"? And "North Wisconsin chow" I assume includes brots. But then, those aren't Kosher, are they? Anyway, we'd like to meet up if possible.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Cool. Do you still have my email? Fire me a note. If not, I think I have yours...do you know travel dates yet?
                      protoplasm72

Ran my last 23 miler this morning. It's all down hill from here. Anyone else starting their taper? I'm feeling pretty well trained, just hoping for good weather now.

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson

Finsihed up the heavy lifting this weekend as well ... 15.5 miles on Saturday and Triatlon (my first ever) on Sunday. Now it's time to let the little niggles heal up and start to reduce mileage. Legs are feeling pretty strong ... not sure if it's due to a slight decrease in miileage this cycle from mid-60s to mid-50s or the incorporation of biking and swimming into my training routine or a combination. Whatever the case, I'm feeling pretty confident heading into to Duluth in 3 weeks. I second the hoping for good weather! Peter

Arrogant Bastard....Ale

I ran just over 20 last weekend and felt really good afterwards. Have 15 this weekend and after that it is all down hill. I am definitely getting more excited as each day that passes. Today I ran a little over 5 with the 2 miles in the middle at about 7:15 pace, with an 8:15 pace overall and it felt easy.