Grandmas Marathon

Parking (Read 302 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Any idea if I will be able to park my car near Fitger's so that I can get to it straight from the brewpub after the race?

Arrogant Bastard....Ale

I'm trying to think if the Fitger's ramp was open last year.  I think it was, not sure of the price/availability.  Plus, there are buses right in front of Fitger's or there were last year.  You could probably call the restaurant and find out.  Otherwise almost all the streets above 2nd (it goes Superior, 1st, 2nd) have street parking.  There is also the hospital ramp up on 3rd Ave and 4th St.  Of course most of these possibilities require to go up the hill after the race.
      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Emailed the brewpub and they think the lot is open AND will validate my ticket if I eat there.  So I may give it a shot.  The Fitgers' bus, I have taken that one before.
          You gonna drive me there Trent?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yep.

But not all at once.  Remember, I drive up there every Summer to work in Northern Wisconsin.

What kind of work in Wisconsin?    Don't need to answer, just curious.    On the issue of parking, the DECC is being renovated, and there are less spots available.  I read someone here was going to stay in his van.  So, you may want to check it out and get there early.

2018 Goals:

Get Lucky Half  1:47:59

Grandmas Marathon

Fall Marathon - Twin Cities??

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I don't want my car at the DECC if I am gonna be headed the other way (i.e., to Fitgers) right after.  I figure having the car right next to the restaurant will be the easiest.  I just want to make sure that it won't get ticketed or towed.  DECC is a big mess of people.

I work at a Summer camp in the town of Lake Nebagamon.  The camp is an all-boys camp, and the area is very pretty and rural, with a small town up the street.  I play camp doc for a little over a week every Summer in mid-June.  The camp directors are giving me that morning off to run GMM.

I'll hold your keys.
                  And you know sometimes it gets so painful Just like talking to yourself When everything don't seem to have no rhyme or reason We all go Do do loo do do, do do loo do do Waiting for the sun to shine
                  Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yeah, you'd probably pull a Ramsay and lock em in my car Wink

What is your goal?

Yeah, you'd probably pull a Ramsay and lock em in my car Wink

What is your goal?

nah, I was just gonna lose them.

I'm pacing a friend for 2:38.  Goal race is in the fall.

And you know sometimes it gets so painful Just like talking to yourself When everything don't seem to have no rhyme or reason We all go Do do loo do do, do do loo do do Waiting for the sun to shine
                        I really just meant drive me from the finish to the pub heh. We've got the ride up to Duluth taken care of... I'm picking Ramsay up at the airport, then we're picking up Ben from work and driving up there Friday afternoon-er-ish.