Grandmas Marathon

Weather (Read 571 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Wow Gopher, looks like you held it together though almost through mile 20.  I was done by 14.  Good work!

Ouch.  I have never experienced a full body cramp before.  Calves, hamstrings, glutes and lower back all at the same time.  Had to walk it in from mile 23.  Walked backwards for 100 yards, which actually relieved the cramps.  Man, that was brutal!  I was extremely dehydrated despite drinking about 3-4 cups of water at every station.   Hope everyone out there is recovering!

Hey...you aren't the guy I was sharing a bottle of water with are you? I lost the guy at 23, he said he was cramping pretty bad ...and it appears I came in about a minute ahead of you.

Bugs

I might definitely have to check this Mankato one out. 2010 for sure?

Mankato Marathon is still securing sponsors. They want it to be the last in the season, hit the wall at Twin Cities, run Mankato kind of marathon. It's a good idea. If they have it the pre & after party is at my house.

And thanks, you're my hero too....that was some brave shit you pulled. I could never do that. 

It was a little nuts. I have never been this sore, but I think I made it through okay. It's a different race back there, I hope I never run that poor again.

I can't believe you're running a 5K this weekend. Good Luck!

MTA: I guy who seem in on what the city is doing sent me this:

"The Greater Mankato Convention & Visitors group is planning the whole thing. A runners guide to races around the state will feature Mankato's race in 2010. The CVB is working with the same folks who handle Rochester's race."

I'm guessing it will happen and I will have to go up at least one very big hill.

Bugs

Hey...you aren't the guy I was sharing a bottle of water with are you? I lost the guy at 23, he said he was cramping pretty bad ...and it appears I came in about a minute ahead of you.

No, it wasn't me.  I wasn't sharing a bottle of water with anyone. 

Trent- I was dead meat at about 16, so I didn't make it too much further than your 14. 16-20,  I hung onto a decent, yet slower pace.  Then 20-23 was the toughest part as I was still trying to hang onto a possible BQ.  Mile 23 was the explosion, and I stopped caring at that point what my finish time would be.  If the 23 explosion happened at 16, I would have DNF'ed.  I had a friend of mine in the race who was going for sub 2:40.  He dropped at 16 and rode the bus.  He said it was full of Kenyans. 

Whoever slugged it out on Saturday- congrats! (not on your finish time, but on your will-power!)

Our group went to Fitgers after the race...at 6:30pm after going home and showering.  I didn't even look for RA people, Fitgers Brewhouse had a 2 hour wait so we went to a different restaurant in the complex.  We closed down the bar at the mexican place with the nice elevated patio overlooking the lake.   Hope everyone had fun.  We did.
            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

We got to Fitgers' Brewhouse right after the race, about 1pm or so.  Sorry we missed you.  There was no wait Smile

There were dropout spots on the course every 2 miles from mile 14.  So very tempting.  So so so very tempting.

I had a bad experience once at that Mexican place.  The view may have made it worthwhile, but the food and the service were bitter bad.

There was no wait Smile

Not for you, just for Ben, Ramsay, and I. We waited at least 20. Glad we could help you out Wink

I can't believe you're running a 5K this weekend. Good Luck!

Heh. Ben is a bad influence. It wasn't my idea.

I may or may not be racing it though...depends on if I have to fly back to TN for a funeral or not.

Bugs

Candice,

I would like to meet you guys some time. I don't think I left the lake till 2:00 on Saturday and figured you guys were gone, and I was in bad shape.

So I made some calls and was told, there will FOR SURE be a Mankato marathon and it will be in October.

Bugs

Well drive to the cities! I'm down for meeting up any time.

October. Nice. I might have to look into that one as a fall option next year. I think Ben is pretty set on TCM.

Bugs

Well drive to the cities! I'm down for meeting up any time.

Great. When I come up for a race I'll let you know. I usually run the Jordan Run of the Mill 5K and planning on running the Women Run the Cities 10 mile race this fall. Some Mankato girl runners were going to do a bar night in the Cities with some runners up there. If it pans out I'll let you know. (We're just drinking not running.)

Bugs

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Grandma's was now one week ago.  Today, it is 50 and cloudy in Duluth.
                            I deliberately didn't check the weather- but I knew I could count on you!   It was horrible here in Nashville- probably the worst morning yet.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Are we still talking about this stupid race?

Arrogant Bastard....Ale

Another data point for you guys.  I ran a race in Duluth today with a noon start.  Partly cloudy and 60 degrees with a nice breeze off the lake.  Grandma's really is a mystery.