Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Boss Man just blew up my Monkey! (Read 660 times)

"run" "2" "eat"

bhearn, you are on your own with the swag.

and, fairly certain it's your turn over to wwf. go!

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

"run" "2" "eat"

totp!

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

bhearn

bhearn, you are on your own with the swag.

and, fairly certain it's your turn over to wwf. go!

You mean to start the next game? I went first last game.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Ben and i have to be back in town monday morning too Sad

"run" "2" "eat"

oops. my bad there, b-man. i thought the game was still in play. i shall begin une aûtre.

DoppleBock

Very kind offer - I am still thinking about what to do

My wife was looking forward to the time together ... She has suggested an alternative weekend for us somewhere close as we already have our kids taken care of ... thinking ... thinking ... 

I'll pick you up from the airport to motel and take you back to the airport. I didn't plan on going to Mafiaozas. If you can figure out a flight, I'll get you from the restaurant or where ever . You can sleep on the plane.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Hoodoo Guru

The meeting is with our Management Team (I am the Controller) and the Home Office President and VPs about the strategy to grow our business to get them ready to present to the BOD.  If the meeting has to be that day (I sure as hell am not going to ask our President and 6 VPs to reschedule) then I want to and must be there.

Every week - Month - Year my company gives me great flexibilty to do training and many other things - Once in awhile they ask for something in return - I think I get the better end of that deal.

I am thinking through it - For sure it means that there is no reason for my wife to endure 20 hours of driving to sleep in a hotel and spend 4 waking hours in Nashville.

I've got it!  Just take the corporate jet.  I'm surprised no one thought of that solution yet.

The tangents are moot.

DoppleBock

We used to have a nice twin prop plane - But it was lost to cost cutting 6 years ago.

I do have a friend that has a plane he flys to a lot of his marathons ... but he has no reason to want to fly to NashVegas

I will make the final decision on Sunday ... if you see a 4+ hour trail run on my log, I am DNS at Monkey.  I have not screwed up anything in training that would not allow me to run it yet.  In fact work / life / cold has forced me into an extreme taper tha last 4-5 days.

I am leaning toward a no - go ... but then a few hours later I lean toward the pain-in-the-ass drive. 

One possitive on the no - go I get to drink all the Chocolate Abbey.

"run" "2" "eat"

oooo! we shall all be anxiously looking at DB's log on monday morning!

bhearn

Well if you're a no-go I stand a better chance of winning another top-3 masters monkey. But that would still suck. I hope you make it.

Actually my monkey chances already went through the floor when I signed up for JJ the previous weekend. Now I will be lucky just to finish.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

So listen here, DB pal.  I have just finished assembling a pack of beer to trade you upon your arrival.  I look forward to seeing you at monkey, if just so that we can trade the beer.  Glad you're gonna make it work out.  DMNT.

DoppleBock

It is with sadness, I have to tell the RD - "I am out"

I have cancelled my room and my wife and I are making other plans.  I guess just another of my failures for 2011.  Trent ... I guess the beer will keep until Grandmas.

I am just not strong enough to finish a marathon and pile into the car by 11:15am to get back by 9:30pm.  That is why I am not a maniac.  Plus lets face it - The only reason I come down to Monkey is to see all of you and drink beer with you - Not hang out time, no beer - I had a hard time finding motivation. 

So listen here, DB pal.  I have just finished assembling a pack of beer to trade you upon your arrival.  I look forward to seeing you at monkey, if just so that we can trade the beer.  Glad you're gonna make it work out.  DMNT.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Deep sadness.

Deep.

Cripes.  I may just cancel this thing.  Cripes.

DB, do you still want your runner shirt?  You paid for it, baby.

Phelps in a nutsack.

bhearn

You might also consider becoming a flying monkey.

Dude, did you not see this? There's this newfangled invention called the "aeroplane".