Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Woo Hoo I "won" (Read 53 times)

chunkymonkey

chunkymonkey

First time in this particular lottery and I won!  What a lucky day for me!

Of course upon sharing the news my wife just rolled her eyes and my daughter said "Dad you're gonna die".  Such debby-downers.

OK serious question though...  I've read that in years past there was an official HHFMM tattoo and even some coupons distributed to add insult to injury.  So any chance of something similar this year?  I figure if I'm going to act like an idiot I might as well come with a warning label.

Imminent Catastrophe

Traci Falbo!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Traci Falbo!

She's a running machine!

steph  

C-R

I effing hate myself.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I guess I'd better start "training".

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

chunkymonkey

chunkymonkey

Yeah my training commenced this past week...  so far it has consisted of missing all target distances, bitching about my plantars fascia, and picking out new Gu flavors.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Yeah my training commenced this past week...  so far it has consisted of missing all target distances, bitching about my plantars fascia, and picking out new Gu flavors.

Sounds about right to me. Vanilla Bean Gu is nasty. I think I'll try Hammer Montana Huckleberry next.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The race this year will feature only vanilla bean gu.

Last year there was a free monkey tattoo coupon. Not sure if we will repeat that particular bit of madness this year.

chunkymonkey

chunkymonkey

Nice.  Well I usually pack my own anyway and bring spares...  If the monkeys take me feel free to root through my camelback, I'm starting to like this salted watermelon flavor so may have to stock up...  I figure by race day everything on earth will be effing pumpkin flavored.

Here's to hoping the tattoo remains ... Like I said earlier idiots like me should come with a warning label.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Mmmmm......pumpkin spice gu. That might work. Maybe it will keep the monkies away.

Cool Jump Suit

Monkeys.  If a monkey eats a pumpkin spice gu before midnight it turns into a golden carriage.

So bittersweet,
                        This tragedy
                        Won't ask for absolution;
                        This melody,
                        Inside of me,
                        Still searches for solution.
                        A twist of faith,
                        A change of heart
                        Cures my infatuation.
                        A broken heart, 
                        Provides the spark
                        For my determination.

chunkymonkey

chunkymonkey

All this talk of pumpkin spice Gu needs to stop.  We're going to give them ideas.

In other news it's 5:30am on a Saturday morning and I'm heading out to try to get in 12 mi before the thunderstorms start.  Who makes bad choices?

<---  This guy

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yes. A bad choice. A better choice would have been to run during the storm.

chunkymonkey

chunkymonkey

In case anyone was wondering I survived...  Even managed to set a PR for slowest pace (or so that's how run keeper seemed to spin it in a passive aggressive email congratulating me on a new longest duration).  Of course that record was already broken again this AM...  Go me!

Perhaps as Trent suggested some runs in lightning would help me get the lead out of my shorts?   ...  Worked great on a paddling trip a few years ago...  ran into a nasty storm partway through a trip and the guys running the place said we probably set a new record for completing that section of water.

How's training going for everyone else?

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I haven't found any pumpkin spice gu, so I haven't started training yet.