Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Monkey run in jeopardy (Read 733 times)

The Thunder

is that sarcasm I read????
    Ha! Course not Wink Either way, you can't train for the monkey right?!

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

4 miles... that's right... back on plan!!! Thank you to all those who threatened to be mean to me!
      4 miles is beyond what I can do. 2 miles in 23 minutes. Shouldn't have done it.

Oh Mighty Wing

Thunder - mmm good point! Strings - Will you just sit down and heal!!! You need to heal... I will tell you when to HTFU - but when the time is right.... and this is not the time.

Lazy idiot

Nice job, Shan. I managed 12 tonight, including walk breaks (first time for everything). Felt good. I'm heading down to Marietta this weekend to do some muthafuckinhills. Should be fun. Evil grin

Tick tock

Shan - glad you are feeling better and got a good run in! Strings....welll, at least now you know...is your PT having you do strengthing exercises at home? Drew! Walk breaks??????? Really?????? You????????? Clowning around Nothing wrong with that - planning on those myself for my long run on Saturday.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
            Thyroid Support Group

Oh Mighty Wing

drew nice job! i've been tossing in walk breaks when needed. keep telling myself its good for me to practice fast walking!!

The Greatest of All Time

Shan, you ran today!!!!!
                all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.

Oh Mighty Wing

Shan, you ran today!!!!!
                  damn right i did big guy!! you'll have to save that cursing for another day! Big grin

Lazy idiot

Drew! Walk breaks??????? Really?????? You????????? Clowning around
                    I know. Weird, huh? There's probably more where this came from.

Tick tock

Strings....welll, at least now you know...is your PT having you do strengthing exercises at home?
                      Yeah. I fail. Trying to manage everything going on + that is crazy.

S&M Collector

did your PT give you that rubber band/elsastic P.O.S. that you're supposed to do leg exercises with? when I broke my fibulas, they gave me one and said I should do some exercises with it. That lasted all of a day. Roll eyes
                        Come across any cool medals lately?
                          Seriously, BTDT with the testing....if you got bands to do exercises....please, give them a chance. They are most definitely a big PITA - but, I know they help me, and if I don't keep up with doing them regularly, I get issues cropping up again. Give yourself a little time to get healing started. Hang in there.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                          Thyroid Support Group

Oh Mighty Wing

did your PT give you that rubber band/elsastic P.O.S. that you're supposed to do leg exercises with? when I broke my fibulas, they gave me one and said I should do some exercises with it. That lasted all of a day. Roll eyes
                            oh hey I had one of those. I was a good girl and did my exercises with that and sitting on the wall.
                              Seriously, BTDT with the testing....if you got bands to do exercises....please, give them a chance. They are most definitely a big PITA - but, I know they help me, and if I don't keep up with doing them regularly, I get issues cropping up again. Give yourself a little time to get healing started. Hang in there.
                              No bands, yet. Only one PT session so far.