Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

The Monkeys Strike Back (Read 803 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

It is done. The casualties were minimal. Things turned out, well, just fine. Congratulations.

Thank you all for coming by and sacrificing your quads on the hills to belay the Monkey Wars. It was a bold gesture on your part. We all of us appreciate your service. Thank you.

And our task was made easier by the spectacular volunteer army who aided our efforts. We are truly fortunate to have had them on our side. If you had any role in recruiting them, thank you for that too.

Next year, we anticipate holding this madness again. November 21, 2010, perhaps. With registration to open on August 1, 2010 at 8am CDT. This year, registration filled in 9 hours. Next year?

If you did not hate the race, the hills, the weather, the experience, the RD or the monkeys too too badly, please feel free to leave your comments here: http://www.marathonguide.com/races/racedetails.cfm?MIDD=2539091122 . Otherwise, you most likely have my emails blocked, so no worries.

If you left anything of value behind, please let me know. Anything going unclaimed will be donated to charity. It is the least we can do to balance out the sheer evil of this idiot race.

Recover well. Run more. And may the hills be with you.

Lazy idiot

Done.

MTA: Though mine is not showing up.  Perhaps it's being held in moderation for cursing.

Tick tock

C-R

Been there, done that, did not get the "small" t-shirt.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

I also did one (last week) which is not showing up.  Strange.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Been there, done that, did not get the "small" t-shirt.

You could have.

I don't think you need boob pockets?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I also did one (last week) which is not showing up.  Strange.

This is what you wrote:

"This was my first Monkey and the hardest course I have ever run. We were warned! I train some on this course, and it is the most awesome park in the country, in my opinion. The hills are difficult, but the support along the course is outstanding and the feeling of accomplishment at the finish line makes it all worth it. The race organization is beyond compare, and everyone is welcomed into the close-knit community that is known as 'Idiots'. You don't have to be fast to run this race, but you DO have to be serious about pushing yourself to new places and wanting to have a great time at a beautiful location. This doesn't seem to be a one-time thing for many of the finishers, either. It draws you back. I guess that's part of being an 'Idiot'. Kudos to the race director and all involved in making this event possible."

It is showing up as "Abandoned".  Perhaps it did not save right; try again?

OK- I did it again and it was definitely submitted.  We'll see if it posts.

Still not there.  Can you check on it, Trent?  Can I not say "Idiots"?

bdub

Shoe Alarmist

OK- I did it again and it was definitely submitted.  We'll see if it posts.

Still not there.  Can you check on it, Trent?  Can I not say "Idiots"?

I don't think my entry from last year ever showed up.  I just assumed it wasn't of a high enough quality.  There are some pretty good reviews out there.  I'm not implying yours is a problem of quality.  Nay.  I'm just reminiscing of my failures.  Usually I do that over a few drinks but I'm at work now - which is like being drunk.  

lostinthenet3

MM#1869

Bdub and Hstreet it was nice to meet you both in real life.

Doug.

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."

Lazy idiot

Bdub and Hstreet it was nice to meet you both in real life.

Doug.

You met bdub?!?  I got screwed again.  Were it not for pictures, I'd guess he doesn't really exist.

(and it was nice to meet you, Doug)

Tick tock

It was great to meet you, too.  I had so much fun meeting all these people I knew from the internet!

The Thunder

You met bdub?!?  I got screwed again.  Were it not for pictures, I'd guess he doesn't really exist.

(and it was nice to meet you, Doug)

I met him too....we spoke briefly as I passed him early....and as he passed me late.  Seemed like a fine chap. 

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Tanya.  Nice.  Heh.

A Saucy Wench

Tanya.  Nice.  Heh.

hmmm cant find it.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7