Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Yang is in Force (Read 25 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The universe brings us five elements: Wood, Water, Gold, Earth and Fire.

As the largest of the worlds above us spins and travels its twelve-year journey around the sun, we gain character. With each of its cycles, we become. In this year, we become monkey. Monkey is special among the animals.

But we are not just monkey. This year brings deeper power. It is in this year that the five-by-twelve year cycles bring us the element of fire. Fire brings heat, but it also brings ambition and adventure. But also note that in the moment we run next week, yang will be in force. Yang brings brightness, passion and growth.

Together, in this year of the fire monkey, with yang in power, we expect great fortune to find its way to the monkeys. They will not have to worry about food nor clothes. However, monkeys should be wary of false bravado in the tenth of the lunar months. In this time, they should focus on impenetrable goals and hard work. Great successes will come to those who find steady energy and carry wisdom in their tactics. Indeed, monkeys in this time should not show off their sloth, or they will be persecuted by others.

This is the Year of the Monkey.

This is the Year of the Fire Monkey

—————

Some additional thoughts -

- We still have charity registration spots available. The charity spots support a donation to the park where we hold this little event. Convince your friends of madness, and help support the park!

- We ask all our runners and volunteers to bring food for our post - race celebration. I will be making some 12 pumpkin pies from scratch. What will you bring?

- We are still looking for volunteers on race morning or for the Thursday night before the race from 4-8pm. So if you know of anybody smart enough not to run who wants to come out and spend a sweltering in the park helping out, please let us know. Volunteers are awesome!

- As before, your registration info is posted on the Monkey's website AND here: http://www.runningahead.com/events/Monkey/participants. Please take a look to make sure it is correct. If you have run this race before, please make sure your monkey count is correct.

- None of us is ever ready. If you happen to realize this wisdom and realize you won't be able to make it to Monkey, please let me know so I can offer your spot to one of the foolish fools on our foolish wait list.

- Packet pickup will be at the Gordon JCC on November 19, 2016 between 2pm and 4pm. The JCC is located at 801 Percy Warner Blvd, Nashville, TN 37148. This is less than 2 miles from the race start/finish area. Packet pickup will also be available race morning adjacent to the starting line.

- For those of you who want a post-race shower but are checking out of your hotel room, you can return to the JCC located at 801 Percy Warner Blvd, Nashville, TN 37148. They will need you to show your bib and bring your own towel and soap. They may also charge you the $5 guest fee.

- We plan to offer Yazoo Beer after the race to those who are of the correct drinking age. Yazoo is good brew, local and tasty. If you want to enjoy some, please bring your ID with you to the race. You don't have to run with it, but once the beer is available after noon, you will need your ID. If you want to tweet your grand appreciation for this, use these tags: @YazooBrew and @yazoobrewmaster

- We plan to have swag for sale at packet pickup and then post-race, with all proceeds going to support the Friends of Warner Parks, the charity that keeps Monkeyville spectacular. We like to support the parks. Cash appreciated. And cheap!

- Running is stupid.

- You cannot train for Monkey.

- You may as well give up now.

- GPS, pacers and energy gels are allowed in this race.

- If you do find a Monkey’s wisdom while out thinking you are training, and you realize you won't be able to make it to the race, please let me know so I can offer your spot to one of the foolish fools on our wait list.

- The website lists information about where there is lodging near the race and restaurants where you can dine over the weekend. In addition, if you have further questions, feel free to holler or to put out a query on our message board: http://www.runningahead.com/groups/HHFMM/forum . If you post there, please don't mind the monkey business.

它是飞行猴的年
    Trent

<center>

<center>  </center>

</center>
    rlopez

I don't seem to be getting these emails this year. Thanks for swinging the yang in here :-)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

9. All registrants will receive an email at the time they register. Further, all lottery entrants will receive an additional email telling them whether they were accepted to run or not once the lottery is run. Sometimes these emails get lost in spam filters, which are trying to protect you from this kind of dreck. If you don't get an email upon registering, go look for it. Please type in the name of your favorite monkey to indicate that you have read this, understand this, and that you will keep an eye out for emails.

"robert lopez"

"run" "2" "eat"

i as well did not receive this yang-nnouncement via email.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

rlopez

If you have been sending out the original post of this thread and others like it as periodic emails, as in prior years, nope haven't gotten those. Did get the registration mail which is how I know I'm in :-)

I also got Eric's "did you get this?" email.

But no others. Perhaps they do not exist. Perhaps monkey mischief has malevolently mangled the mail.

9. All registrants will receive an email at the time they register. Further, all lottery entrants will receive an additional email telling them whether they were accepted to run or not once the lottery is run. Sometimes these emails get lost in spam filters, which are trying to protect you from this kind of dreck. If you don't get an email upon registering, go look for it. Please type in the name of your favorite monkey to indicate that you have read this, understand this, and that you will keep an eye out for emails.

"robert lopez"

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

How does why I also always post my emails here and on Facebook. Email seems to be totally unreliable. That is, it seems to be very reliable and protecting my runners from my nonsense.

Doc 13

Trent;

Is there a possibility that  a small amount of libation in the form of coconut flavored Stout could be available for a  volunteer at packet-pick-up?      C ya-

"run" "2" "eat"

searched my spam folder and there is nothing about HHFMM anywhere in spam.

are you sure these are going out as emails?

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

bdub

Shoe Alarmist

are you sure these are going out as emails?

Why is everyone so obsessed with getting terrible news in their Inbox?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I am very sure mostly because a lot of people respond to me so I see the email that went out in the response that came back in

Are you sure these are going out as emails?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

That would rock. I'll have to see if there are any around.

Trent;

Is there a possibility that  a small amount of libation in the form of coconut flavored Stout could be available for a  volunteer at packet-pick-up?      C ya-

"run" "2" "eat"

perhaps i am not as registered as i was lead to believe.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

"run" "2" "eat"

i wish every day were monkey day.

"run" "2" "eat"

i'm not scared. scarred? sure. but not scared.