Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Dragon? Ass-kicking? (Read 769 times)

The Thunder

I think its completely ridiculous for you to even think of attempting the monkey. But thats just my opinion.
    Ditto. Beyond completely ridiculous.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

The Greatest of All Time

I thought you hung up Monkey weeks ago???? Having second thoughts with all of the marathon madness swarming about?
      all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Candice. I think its completely ridiculous for you to even think of attempting the monkey. But thats just my opinion.
          Candice. I think its completely ridiculous for you to even think of attempting the monkey. But thats just my opinion.
          Im gonna do well at the monkey. Eff those little fuzz buckets.

The Greatest of All Time

What is the total elevation gain of monkey?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

What is the total elevation gain of monkey?
              The total elevation gain at the monkey is about 35GE Tm.

The Greatest of All Time

The total elevation gain at the monkey is about 35GE Tm.
                Asshat. I meant for real.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

3500 feet of gain. 3500 feet of loss. The downhills are not free.

The Greatest of All Time

[sigh] It's the downhills that really tear you up. A real bitch on the quads.

Oh Mighty Wing

I thought you hung up Monkey weeks ago???? Having second thoughts with all of the marathon madness swarming about?
                      apparently LOL

The Thunder

apparently LOL
                        Shan, what does this "LOL" mean?

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

Oh Mighty Wing

Shan, what does this "LOL" mean?
                          Generally it mEans To Make a happy sound.
                            Damn DH and his voice of reason... " i don't think the monkey is a great idea. you aren't trained enough, and you would likely burn yourself out trying to get to that point in one month. I would recommend letting this one pass and trying for one next year if you are able to stick with your training." he never really encourages me to do truly stupid things...
                            Not that you needed one, but being undertrained is a much better reason for not running it than the one about trying to get pregnant. People try to get pregnant (or try not to) every day, sometimes more than once (or so I've heard). Smile
                              Also, pregnant people run marathons all the time. It was a lame excuse Shan, but nice try Wink

Hatfield McCoy Elevation change +3,186 / -3,175 ft (MotionBased Gravity Web elevation) What's an extra 400 +/- ft?