Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Pre-Race and Post Race ... (Read 931 times)

DoppleBock

Basically, a statement of I am too lazy to do anything different because it seems to be working.

or

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

"run" "2" "eat"

oh, i thought you were calling yourself out for being such a sally.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Hoodoo Guru

It is an accounting or auditing term - Same As Last Year

I figured that one out for myself, although I'm still struggling with GETM.  And GITM.  And LOL.

The tangents are moot.

Dallas why are you not doing the pre-race meal?? I had to send an email to a stranger. It was strange.

Kalsarikännit

I'm going to head down to Broadway on Friday night in case anyone wants to join in. We had a pretty good time of it two years ago. We didn't stay out too late or go nuts, but we had a beer at a few places. I don't like country music, but it was pretty damn entertaining. Plus there is a place with a sign up asking that Ennay keeps her solicitation discreet. She obeyed.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

xor

I'm probably out for friday night fun, but I will be doing some running Friday afternoon if anyone wants to join.  Also, is there a standard saturday run before packet pickup?  Or a course marking session?

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY

Is there anyone down for Dark Monkey this year?

It won't be me.  I'm just hoping to run a full loop of Percy on Sunday.  I should have tried last year, but yall tried to kill me as it was.

Elly.

I'm probably out for friday night fun, but I will be doing some running Friday afternoon if anyone wants to join.  Also, is there a standard saturday run before packet pickup?  Or a course marking session?

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY

Is there anyone down for Dark Monkey this year?

It won't be me.  I'm just hoping to run a full loop of Percy on Sunday.  I should have tried last year, but yall tried to kill me as it was.

Are you talking about the 11.2 .... Because the Monkey is two full loops +++?

http://www.ellyfosterphotography.com/

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I am planning a Saturday morning Monkey taste run again, yes. Perhaps 7 or 8am, some 4-6 miles. Easy peasy.

What do you have in mind for a Friday run, Senor?

lostinthenet3

MM#1869

Breaking news as of right now Mel and I will be attending. Unless in the next few days her dad takes a turn for the worse then we will not be there. To night we sprung him from hospital, And he asked if we were going I said we would wait and see he said get your ass on the computer and book it I'll be fine. So it seems we are going.

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."

A Saucy Wench

Breaking news as of right now Mel and I will be attending. Unless in the next few days her dad takes a turn for the worse then we will not be there. To night we sprung him from hospital, And he asked if we were going I said we would wait and see he said get your ass on the computer and book it I'll be fine. So it seems we are going.

I will be glad to see both of you.  Fingers crossed for Mels dad for all the reasons.  I hope you guys can relax a little and enjoy the trip. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Awesome!!

#artbydmcbride

I am in on festivities and pre race runs.  I will be in town Friday night, and I am bringing Mr. Forward.

Runners run

xor

Are you talking about the 11.2 .... Because the Monkey is two full loops +++?

Yes, I know.  I'm taking them one loop at a time :-/.  If I have to take the midrace exit, I will.

Hoodoo Guru

Dallas why are you not doing the pre-race meal?? I had to send an email to a stranger. It was strange.

I'm not running the stinking race this year so I didn't care where, when or if anyone eats the night before.

(Actually just felt like it was time to pass the torch.)

I will be happy to participate in Friday night honky tonkin' and will be hosting at  Mafiaozas for post post-race (6 pm) festivities.  And I will be volunteering on race day.  (Water stop 1.  If anyone is thirsty after running the first 1/2 mile, we'll have water for you.)

The tangents are moot.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

If anyone is thirsty after running the first 1/2 mile, we'll have water for you.

Given the weather deal I am working on, 1/2 mile into the race may be too late for the first drink.