Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

food for race (pot luck) (Read 31 times)

tlove1967

so... curious as to what everyone is bringing for Sunday. Not sure what to bring...here's my thoughts....since I will be one of the later finishers (five plus) if I bring something really good, it might be gone by the time I actually finish...if indeed I do finish??? Or how does the potluck work?? Does Pumpkin Poptarts count as race worthy food??? I have ten days to grocery shop and decide on something!

bdub

Shoe Alarmist

Coming from out of town, I generally just bring a non-perishable that pairs well with Yazoo. Like a big bag of M&M's & chips.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I've brought cookies in the past (on dry ice) don't know about this year.

steph  

Why would you want to eat the stuff that you bought?  There will be other food.  If you bring good stuff, karma will reward you in case its all gone by the time you finish which I doubt it will, there's plenty of food, a bit too much really.

bdub

Shoe Alarmist

tlove1967

I just always take stuff I actually like to eat in case there is nothing i like at an event. I have been stuck places before where I haven't liked anything at all and was starving. So now I am in a habit of always taking a dish I like so at least I will have one thing to eatSmile

but so glad to know there is lots of food usually!!

Why would you want to eat the stuff that you bought?  There will be other food.  If you bring good stuff, karma will reward you in case its all gone by the time you finish which I doubt it will, there's plenty of food, a bit too much really.

tlove1967

now that's my kinda food!!! Maybe I'll bring the new Pumpkin Spice MandMs

Coming from out of town, I generally just bring a non-perishable that pairs well with Yazoo. Like a big bag of M&M's & chips.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I'll bring the new Pumpkin Spice MandMs 

Those are sooooo good!