Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

The Monkeys Strike Back (Read 803 times)

C-R

hmmm cant find it.

he just enjoys more tourture since as a RD he gets first view or something like that prior to publication.

unless Tanya updated the blog

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Oh come on! It's not that difficult! (about: 2009)
      Course: 5 Organization: 5 Fans: 5
      T. S. from Nashville, TN (12/3/09)
      11-50 previous marathons | 4-5 Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathons

Ha ha. Just kidding.

It really is that hard. But all of the hand-wringing and gnashing of teeth and quads is made up for a gazillion-fold by the spectacular beauty of the course.

The RD is not, sadly, spectacularly beautiful, but he puts on the best rinky dink marathon I have run in my rinky dink running career.

I've run this stupid marathon every year, and every year I love it stupidly more. I have nary a complaint about any of it from start to drunken finish. This year, there was so much mind-numbingly good food at the finish that I nearly sat down on the soggy ground and cried.

Plus, the overall awards are unparalleled. This year I won one of the highly coveted crotch monkeys!

Underlining added by me.

That's awesome!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

A Saucy Wench

I <3 Tanya . 

Which is a stupid expression because size wise I am clearly >1 Tanya. 

But surely <3 Tanya's in the writing department. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Wait... we have crotch Monkeys?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I didn't know it was a crotch Monkey. How embarrassing. I showed it to people on the airplane.

bdub

Shoe Alarmist

It was cool meeting Doug & TT, et al.

My goals for 2010 are to party with internet people before, during, and after Monkey.  

And to be less obvious when staring at others' crotch monkeys.

Skooter 3.0

All worthy pursuits! 

Goals?

"run" "2" "eat"

crotch monkey! heh.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams