Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Last year vs. MCM (Read 362 times)

Jill_B

I fly.

I'm trying to figure out if I suffered more during the monkey than I will suffer this coming sunday.  Specifically in terms of weather.  How much rain did we get last year?  Anyone remember?

Bring it on.

xor

A LOT.  I don't have a figure.  But I have to say, that wasn't even in my top 10 rainiest races... my bet is that MCM could be worse.

Also, it wasn't cold (well, until we were done).  Thankfully.

Good luck, monkey #1.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

A LOT.  I don't have a figure.  But I have to say, that wasn't even in my top 10 rainiest races... my bet is that MCM could be wetter.

FTFY

bhearn

You can blame my wife. Every time she has to go to DC for an NSF workshop, there's a hurricane.

The Thunder

Thanks a lot Bhearn's wife.  

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

Imminent Catastrophe

You can blame my wife. Every time she has to go to DC for an NSF workshop, there's a hurricane.

So that's what NSFW means.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

bhearn

Workshop cancelled -- the storm has now served its purpose.

What? You can't just turn it off?

A Saucy Wench

I remember at one point on the course it being so rainy that I could not see the road more than about 15 feet ahead of me.  On the other hand it was close to 70 degrees.

You are screwed.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Jill_B

I fly.

It stayed dry (a bit windy, but dry).  I survived!  I thrived.  I PR'd.  I'm going to bed!

Bring it on.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I'm trying to figure out if I suffered more during the monkey than I will suffer this coming sunday.  Specifically in terms of weather.  How much rain did we get last year?  Anyone remember?

More than MCM 2012.

Asked. Answered.

Congrats on your PR. Always remember: you ran Monkey the Year it Rained. And nothing matches that.