Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Fast guys (Read 514 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Not including prior years' runners, from MJ's research efforts -
    Bill Centifanto has a 2:43 to his credit...but it has been several years ago. Matt Boschen has gone 2:59 this year. There is a Rob Anderson who has run 2:55 this year but may not be the same Rob. The courses they have run are no where near the difficulty of the monkey. Ben Schneider has run 2:35 and at Paavo Nurmi. He should win the monkey with that time on that course. MOST IMPRESSIVE and he is only 25. Brian Stockdale has run 2:56 but it was in '02 Jason Reneau is 32 and has run 2:39 at the Derby Festival Marathon this year. He also ran to 7th place at the MS Blues Marathon on a very challenging course this year. He will be a contender for 2nd place. Jeff Scovill ran 2:45.37 at Grandma's this year and should vie for a spot just under the 3 hour mark on the monkey course. He also ran Boston in 2:45 so he could be a surprise if he is putting in the mileage. [whaddya think, is he?] John Stewart has run 2:53 at Boston. Steve Smith has run 2:55.05 but it was back in 04 on a flat course.
      And among the women, there are 5 who have run 3:36--3:40 marathon times. Then there's Wendi Parker-Dial who's run a 3:14...... ...at the '06 Monkey. Sheesh.

Um, yea, didn't I already say my money was on Schneider?

And among the women, there are 5 who have run 3:36--3:40 marathon times. Then there's Wendi Parker-Dial who's run a 3:14...... ...at the '06 Monkey. Sheesh.
          You and I are among the 5 you counted, right?

But of course. Cool

But of course. Cool
              So basically we have 3 women to beat, plus each other....because we're not gonna beat Wendi.

So you ARE going to race the Monkey! Tongue There may be other faster women than what I came up with...I've just been running the names through Athlinks for a while until I got through them. Some names didn't show up at all, so who knows. I can't even think about "beating" anyone at the Monkey. Last year, the only way I moved into 3rd was by running my own race and knowing the course like the freaking back of my hand. There were probably 10 women ahead of me at mile 10 or so...there's a lot of starting out too fast...a lot of death on mile 20. You may not technically be as fast as a few other women, but you know the course. That counts for a lot in the Monkey. Not that it'll help either one of us against Wendi. Not that either one of us gives a flying flip about beating anyone. Roll eyes

So you ARE going to race the Monkey! Tongue
                    Well....
                    You may not technically be as fast as a few other women, but you know the course. That counts for a lot in the Monkey. Not that it'll help either one of us against Wendi.
                    Well, she knows the course too...sooo...
                    Not that either one of us gives a flying flip about beating anyone. Roll eyes
                    Right, exactly. We can beat most people without trying...right? Wink

Why is it sideways?

There may be other faster women than what I came up with...I've just been running the names through Athlinks for a while until I got through them. Some names didn't show up at all, so who knows.
                      It's good to know that I'm not the only one who does this.
                        Right, exactly. We can beat most people without trying...right? Wink
                        Exactly. I never actually try in any race. I only hurl at finish lines for dramatic purposes.

It's a nice mental illness.

I do it too. I think we all do.