Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Your suggestions are needed (Read 1058 times)

I could just route the course over and back on Steeplechaase hill.  That stopped Candice, didn't it?

That merely slowed me....it was somewhere between there and the front gates that I stopped. I really just wanted to be able to say that i've finished the race 2.49 times.

DoppleBock

I say you make up different rules every year - Like Calvin ball.

All women have to run in their bra and undies

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

DB, PM me your email address.

DoppleBock

As a dude - I hope to have gotten rid of my moobs by then so I can just run in my undies

A Saucy Wench

I say you make up different rules every year - Like Calvin ball.

All women have to run in their bra and undies

I always run in my bra and undies.  Well not always my undies, sometimes the shorts come with them attached.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

DoppleBock

You know what I meant

I think I will drive again this year - Nothing like 10 hours in a car the day before to get you ready to run.

Imminent Catastrophe

What about a weighted lottery, similar to Western States?  Weight is given based on the number of prior finishes and/or volunteer efforts.

Streakers, of course, will always be able to get in.  This year, we appear to be down to 15.

Good. First-time entrants get one lottery entry. Multiple finishers get an additional one for each race they've run. 

OR, a repeat-offender early entry with the above rules capped at, say, 150. Then an open lottery. 

More work for you. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

bhearn

1. Set early reg for prior year offenders only. (as noted, not factoring in lifetime streakers, that's different).  The race has been around long enough that opening it to all repeat offenders is a) a whole lot of people and b) a bunch of work for Dr T to keep up with.  I know this won't be popular for long-ago participants, but seriously, as the years go by, that model doesn't scale well unless it is always the same people and there's no new blood.

Angry  Well so much for those of us constrained to only be in Nashville every other Thanksgiving.

Maybe you can do a blue shirt with a yellow monkey who has a unicorn horn or something.

Clown

Skooter 3.0

Do you only consider streakers people who have run from the very first monkey? This will be my third in a row and I anticipate being there every year indefinitely, at which point is it considered a streak? Just curious.

Goals?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Factors that will serve as a disadvantage -

- Empty promises of swampy bourbon

- Empty promises of tasty beer

- Where's my two dollars??

Wink

Good thing it is SHARK WEEK!!

Lazy idiot

Repeat offenders include anyone who has run a Monkey, even if not done the prior year?  I did not know that. 

I find that to be overly generous.

Tick tock

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The email is only automatically sent to the most recent year's finishers.  And in many cases, their spam filters intercepted the email (smart, smart filters).  However, if others ask, I have let them in.

Yes, perhaps overly generous.  But prior finishers, dude, they are family.