Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Your suggestions are needed (Read 1058 times)

xor

I'd guess it would have it's own registration fee, support, shirt, bib, medal, etc.?

maybe, this was the part I was specifically asking for (expectations regarding support... which in my mind, there ain't none), perhaps, perhaps, dunno, etc.

And what was said about the park being closed.

Every male Monkey winner has been.

There has been another male Monkey winner?

Oh, yea, that's right. Ben didn't run the first two years so Jeff and Chuck alternated first place.

This Ben character sounds like quite the prima donna...

How else am I gonna be able to get you a new number? I told Trent you wanted 4. Heh...Farve-ray isn't using it anymore.

Lazy idiot

maybe, this was the part I was specifically asking for (expectations regarding support... which in my mind, there ain't none), perhaps, perhaps, dunno, etc.

And what was said about the park being closed.

Yeah, I'll never get up that early.  It was a SWAG, for sure. 

Tick tock

You guys are dumb asses... he can't make dark monkey a for real option. The park closes at like 10pm or something.

I believe in the Lord of the Trenternets.  Whether it is worth his time and effort to use his time is the question, but certainly not the extent of his power.

http://www.nashville.gov/parks/police/rules.asp

• Alcoholic beverages are not permitted in any park unless a permit is issued by the Board
            • Parking is not permitted between 11:00 p.m. and one-half hour before sunrise, unless special permission is given or an area has been designated by Park Police for event parking.
            • All parks are closed from 11:00 p.m. until one-half hour prior to sunrise, unless otherwise marked or by special permission by the Board or Director. 
            DoppleBock

I think you leave 100 spots for new blood

Streakers - Having Run all previous races - In (15)

Top 5 Men and Top 5 women From previous race - In (10)

At some point you may let Streakers - 1 year in when the number gets low enough

Leaving 75 spots for lottery based 1 entry for each year - Do this a few weeks early - Random number generator off the list - It is not hard - I could help with this.

If you do not get in by lottery you can try and enter at large

I would give a few spots at RD choice to competetive runners or other people you find interesting - Like the Unibomber Obama or Slick Willie or Kegger George Bush. 

I would also consider a big fat-ass Monkey in the spring so those who are left out and still want to be punished have their wishes granted.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

I like all of DBs ideas except for the spring Monkey. There is only one Monkey.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Thanks DB!

An issue with doing the lottery outside the registration software is then getting the winners (or, in the case of Monkey, losers) an ability to register formally while excluding the others.  AS we have proven, passwords can be shared.

could you make 10 individual passwords?

Or maybe have it to where the registration will only accept certain names or something?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I would need to make 100 passwords, and the system requires huge setup for each password.  No go.

How about NO online registration?

Skooter 3.0

Actually a snail mail only registration could be rad. Having said that, if I ever don't get into Monkey I WILL come to your house and eat you.

Goals?

xor

If it will be a real lottery, it needs to have a lotto ball machine.  Each ball has a name on it.  (more balls for more people, perhaps, depending on the way Dr T wants to play).

Pop goes the weasel

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Mail-in does not work.  Unless it is attached to a lottery.

For example, 100 spots are available.

Aug 1 - post form on website

Aug 2 - remove form website

Aug 3 - 78 forms arrive, mostly from nearby

Aug 4 - 124 forms arrive, from all over

Aug 5 - 653 forms arrive, from all over

Aug 6 - 42 forms arrive, mostly from far away

Aug 10 - 4 forms arrive from parts around the world?

So.  Where do I draw the line?  And this would bias towards relatively local runners with closer mail boxes.

Skooter 3.0

So.  Where do I draw the line?  And this would bias towards relatively local runners with closer cooler mail boxes.

Goals?