Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

woot - heart rate monitor (w/ chest strap) = $20 (Read 517 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

Provide some examples of when need and want are mutual, if you would.
    Food. Drink.

Lazy idiot

Provide some examples of when need and want are mutual, if you would.
      I'm not gonna get all graphic for your voyeuristic pleasure. Sometimes, they are. In less exotic terms, as a runner: shoes are both a need and a want. HRM/GPS/iPod/etc are not necessarily needs, IMO.

Tick tock

Oh Mighty Wing

I'm not gonna get all graphic for your voyeuristic pleasure. Sometimes, they are. In less exotic terms, as a runner: shoes are both a need and a want. HRM/GPS/iPod/etc are not necessarily needs, IMO.
        technically you don't need shoes to run... children run all the time without shoes.

Lazy idiot

technically you don't need shoes to run... children run all the time without shoes.
          True dat. See the implied example then. I need that.

Tick tock

Oh Mighty Wing

True dat. See the implied example then. I need that.
            I was going to use that one too... mostly cause I want it... not sure that you would die without it though.
            Mishka-old log

Food. Drink.
              Add to that shelter, clothing and fuel. Of course there is always the case where an individual does not want what he or she needs. That's just irrational.

Lazy idiot

I was going to use that one too... mostly cause I want it... not sure that you would die without it though.
                If I don't get it, someone will die. Maybe not me.

Tick tock

Oh Mighty Wing

Add to that shelter, clothing and fuel. Of course there is always the case where an individual does not want what he or she needs. That's just irrational.
                  you mean like how i probably need a day off to let my legs rest, but I don't want to take a day off so i'm not.
                    If I don't get it, someone will die. Maybe not me.
                    If at least some people don't get it, the entire human race is threatened. Who wants that on their conscience?

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Mishka-old log

you mean like how i probably need a day off to let my legs rest, but I don't want to take a day off so i'm not.
                      Nope. Talking about basic needs, a scenario in which your current predicament would not be a predicament at all, as running is not a basic need.
                        Nope. Talking about basic needs, a scenario in which your current predicament would not be a predicament at all, as running is not a basic need.
                        Define: fuel

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Oh Mighty Wing

but clothing isn't a basic need - it just helps keep you out of jail. and what do you mean by fuel? ok so like a starving man in the wilderness passing up eating bugs because he's a vegetarian?

"run" "2" "eat"

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Mishka-old log

but clothing isn't a basic need - it just helps keep you out of jail. and what do you mean by fuel? ok so like a starving man in the wilderness passing up eating bugs because he's a vegetarian?
                              Basic needs in the most rudimentary sense would achieve the ends of of keeping an individual alive. A person needs food to provide energy to allow internal organs to do their job of moving stuff around internally and making the stuff the body doesn't need into pee-pee and poo-poo. Additionally, a person needs to have the ability to regulate temperature. Shelter, clothing and fuel acheive this end. Clothing would certainly be optional in some climates. However, in less temperate climates, an individual would be challenged beyond what is reasonable to bring the air in a larger space to a temperature that would be acceptable to the body. Therefore, clothing can effectively shrink the amount of air that needs to be brought to an acceptable temperature to that of a thin layer between the individual's nakedness and his or her clothing. And monkey attacks hurt more when you're naked.
                              Mishka-old log