Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Boss Man just blew up my Monkey! (Read 660 times)

DoppleBock

I have to be at work for a 10:00am meeting Monday morning -

It actually is important enough that I did not even try to talk my way out of it.

Now I just have to decide what to do about it

1)  Drop out of Monkey

2)  Travel 10 hours by car to run and then immediately after jump back in car to drive 10 hours back.

Neither seems like much fun - Either way it will cost me $$$

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

The King of Beasts

Option 2 is the only option.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

C-R

If you drive faster, it will be less than 10 hours => Option 2

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Hoodoo Guru

NNNNNNNnnnnnnnooooooooooooooo!

The tangents are moot.

Elly.

Have Dr. Samuel Rosenbloom give your Boss a call, stating your inability to drive for at least 24 hours due to the pain meds he had to administer on Sunday. You suffered a severe stress injury and will be unable to attend the 10:00am meeting. That or you get your friend to drive you home. ;D

http://www.ellyfosterphotography.com/

A Saucy Wench

Have Dr. Samuel Rosenbloom give your Boss a call, stating your inability to drive for at least 24 hours due to the pain meds he had to administer on Sunday. You suffered a severe stress injury and will be unable to attend the 10:00am meeting. That or you get your friend to drive you home. ;D

Well if he is having a friend drive then he might as well stay and party at Mafiaosa's until midnight  and start to drive then.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

xor

DRIVE MORE

bhearn

You might also consider becoming a flying monkey.

DoppleBock

The meeting is with our Management Team (I am the Controller) and the Home Office President and VPs about the strategy to grow our business to get them ready to present to the BOD.  If the meeting has to be that day (I sure as hell am not going to ask our President and 6 VPs to reschedule) then I want to and must be there.

Every week - Month - Year my company gives me great flexibilty to do training and many other things - Once in awhile they ask for something in return - I think I get the better end of that deal.

I am thinking through it - For sure it means that there is no reason for my wife to endure 20 hours of driving to sleep in a hotel and spend 4 waking hours in Nashville.

DoppleBock

I looked - Get's expensive ~ $500 with gas and parking and rental car.

If I drive 1300 miles round trip @ 25 MPG ~ $250 with some wear and tear figured in.  The reason I wsa looking forward to monkey was hanging out after and that evening - Take that out and I have to decide if I really want to drive 1300 miles or fly to get my ass handed to me by the course.

Elly.

I'll pick you up from the airport to motel and take you back to the airport. I didn't plan on going to Mafiaozas. If you can figure out a flight, I'll get you from the restaurant or where ever . You can sleep on the plane.

http://www.ellyfosterphotography.com/

Lazy idiot

I'll pick you up from the airport to motel and take you back to the airport. I didn't plan on going to Mafiaozas. If you can figure out a flight, I'll get you from the restaurant or where ever . You can sleep on the plane.

People always ask me, "why do you drive all that way to run in a marathon?  You know there's an easier one right here in town.  NO HILLS!"

It's stuff like this that makes Monkey great.

And beer...

Tick tock

I can also help with transportation.  Don't worry at all about that part.  If you can score a plane ticket, the rest is easy.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

"run" "2" "eat"

if you gain too much swag to carry on the plane, i will arrange for shipping... and pay for it, too.

for realz, yo.

except for beers. cannot ship beers.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

bhearn

I looked - Get's expensive ~ $500 with gas and parking and rental car. 

Dude, I'm looking at $900+ to fly out at this point. Yeah, I'm an idiot; I can never nail down my travel plans much in advance.