Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

I made it out alive (Read 786 times)

The Thunder

I'm not sore at all. I feel better after this marathon than I ever have after a marathon. Pssh...Monkeys.
    I feel the same way actually.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

Yea, that's how we roll.

I think the constant changing of the course varies the muscle use enough so that there's not as much soreness. I'm always the least sore after the Monkey of any marathons I've run. My worst pain was after Chicago...flat courses are death. Congrats to everyone on an idiotic run yesterday! By the way...did anyone else see that chick that had a radio blasting music strapped to her? WTF?

Why is it sideways?

By the way...did anyone else see that chick that had a radio blasting music strapped to her? WTF?
          Yep. I was very surprised that the monkeys let her get away with that.
            I think the constant changing of the course varies the muscle use enough so that there's not as much soreness. I'm always the least sore after the Monkey of any marathons I've run. My worst pain was after Chicago...flat courses are death.
            There's much truth to this. I have more muscles that are in pain, but no muscles are particularly overwhelmed by pain. Aside from the enormous blister area, I can walk normally. MTA: Why the hell do my arms and shoulders hurt so much?
              MTA: Why the hell do my arms and shoulders hurt so much?
              You don't do enough upper body strength training, my guess.

By the way...did anyone else see that chick that had a radio blasting music strapped to her? WTF?
                YES!!! hahaha....Marcus, Mishka and I were making fun of her.

The Thunder

I think the constant changing of the course varies the muscle use enough so that there's not as much soreness. I'm always the least sore after the Monkey of any marathons I've run. My worst pain was after Chicago...flat courses are death. Congrats to everyone on an idiotic run yesterday! By the way...did anyone else see that chick that had a radio blasting music strapped to her? WTF?
                  Yeah...that was fucking wierd!

Lazy idiot

Surprisingly enough... me, too.

Tick tock

Yeah, I was expecting more quad pain. Feel pretty good today - certainly WAY less sore than NYC the other week. Perhaps standing around in the cold afterward for a couple hours was akin to an ice bath?

Lazy idiot

Hey Drew! I've been wondering how things turned out for you? How about a race report?
                        Loooong race report up

Tick tock

The Thunder

Loooong race report up
                          Thanks for posting this, I really enjoyed reading it!

I'm not sore at all. I feel better after this marathon than I ever have after a marathon. Pssh...Monkeys.
                            I am in the most pain I've had after a race. Might have something to do with how I've avoided hills the past few months. That and my mileage hasn't been great. Oh well, live & learn, and hobble. Smile

Michelle

Oh Mighty Wing

I am in the most pain I've had after a race. Might have something to do with how I've avoided hills the past few months. That and my mileage hasn't been great. Oh well, live & learn, and hobble. Smile
                              ohh no I'm soo sorry to hear this!!!!! I hope the pain goes away fast!!
                                ohh no I'm soo sorry to hear this!!!!! I hope the pain goes away fast!!
                                I'll live, as long as my husband stops trying to push me over when I walk by him, he's a jackass. Big grin

Michelle