Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

I dub thee "Storm Monkey" (Read 911 times)

bhearn

Not a good year for me.  Monkey PW, actually. By a lot. And as I will retire before Monkey-next, fooey.  

What is all this retiring from Monkey BS? Is it catching?

No disrespect intended, but I would have been quite surprised to see you come in under 4. I mean, damn. You ran a hard 50K the day before. I don't care who you are, that's gonna cost a lot of time the next day, let alone that it's Monkey.

It's not a Monkey PW, it's a Dizzy Monkey PR.

^^^^^^ What he said.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

A Saucy Wench

You are not allowed to retire from Monkey.  It's not a real marathon anyway. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

xor

What is all this retiring from Monkey BS? Is it catching?

No disrespect intended, but I would have been quite surprised to see you come in under 4. I mean, damn. You ran a hard 50K the day before. I don't care who you are, that's gonna cost a lot of time the next day, let alone that it's Monkey.

It's not a Monkey PW, it's a Dizzy Monkey PR.

I've done the 50k+marathon double before... most recently in September (with a 3:38 marathon that I could have run faster).

My Monkey times aren't usually that tragically off from my regular marathon times. I ran a 3:39 last year (undoubled, but I was thinking more about relaying with beer than racing).

So, yeah, shouldawouldcoulda beaten 4, though I was expecting more like 3:59 than 3:39.  Something was/is up.

But yes a Dizzy Monkey PR.  That's pretty cool.

FWIW I think a 3:10ish Monkey is comparable to < 3:00 at -- say -- New York. And you were still beat up from New York. All in all I'd say you did pretty well.

Maybe. I've run faster at monkey though after a 3:10. But guess more like a month after than 2 weeks. Of course I didn't pass out, have a fractured toe or a respiratory infection that time so that's probably why. If you have a good monkey I think it's only about 10 mins slow. I'm basing that on bens 2:38 after his 2:28 2 weeks ago.

Skooter 3.0

When? My phone isnt't showing any missed calls...

I laughed.

Goals?

You are not allowed to retire from Monkey. 

It's not a real marathon anyway. 

+1

A Saucy Wench

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Hoodoo Guru

Yep, retirement is starting to sound pretty good.  Sleeping late on a Sunday morning in November would be awesome.  If I really missed the race, I could just take a rubber mallet to the bottom of my feet for a few minutes.  And then about noon just start pounding Dos Perros.

The tangents are moot.

Skooter 3.0

Oh Dallas, you're my boy. And you'll be back. Sucker.

Goals?

Dallas can't retire. He was stupid and got a monkey tattoo.

"run" "2" "eat"

i am the unwinner!! i unbeat you all!!

bwah hah haaaa!!!

PISS OF THE EQUESTRIENNES!!

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

You didn't yell out anything strange to me this year. I'm kinda sad about that.

"run" "2" "eat"

i never saw you. i think i was in the pottie at deep wells when you went by. very sad indeed.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams