Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Help with a Monkey Marathon training program (Read 762 times)

Lazy idiot

" Roll eyes "

Tick tock

" Roll eyes "
      You have no say. You've never even ran a marathon. What is it with you people. Oh, and.... ask Mississippi what one eye roll means Wink

The Greatest of All Time

Don't worry Candice. I don't believe in real slow long runs either and never have. It works for some but not me. And you're right, Monkey is just for fun if you can call it that. Miserable fun. Is that an oxymoron? Ah.
        all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
        JakeKnight

No. I won't be nice. I'm sick of people telling me I race my training runs when I didn't even ask their opinion. Yes, i'm talking about you. It doesn't feel like a Phelpsdamn race pace. Phelpsdamnitt. You don't know how I feel on these runs. You're not me. I feel nothing like I do in a marathon.
          (shrug) Are you under the impression I care? Me, I like beating you in races when I really shouldn't. I figure when you get tired of losing, you'll quit being an idiot. But every time I hear you brag about how hard you ran a training race, I'm going to point out how stupid it is. And so are other people. So either quit racing your training runs, or quit bragging about it. Your call. And I assume you're going to go yell at Thunder and Tanya now, too, right? After all, they're saying the same thing in the other thread.
          I would read this after I posted in that other thread...huh? You have a point.
          Oh. Of course not. Silly me. She, uh, has a point. Roll eyes

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
          -----------------------------

(shrug) Are you under the impression I care? Me, I like beating you in races when I really shouldn't. I figure when you get tired of losing, you'll quit being an idiot. But every time I hear you brag about how hard you ran a training race, I'm going to point out how stupid it is. And so are other people. So either quit racing your training runs, or quit bragging about it. Your call. And I assume you're going to go yell at Thunder and Tanya now, too, right? After all, they're saying the same thing in the other thread. Oh. Of course not. Silly me. She, uh, has a point. Roll eyes
            I wasn't yelling at you. I'm just frustrated. You have a point too. I didn't say that you didn't. You all have a freaking point. I get it. I've known it. What do you mean you shouldn't beat me in races? You're obviously just faster. Oh and...how the hell was I "bragging"?

The Greatest of All Time

Timeout....no posting in this thread for 30 minutes.... Move along people. Now.

Timeout....no posting in this thread for 30 minutes.... Move along people. Now.
                I'm not starting an argument...I love JK. I need to know why he thought I was bragging though.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Tony, those are cute little 100 foot hills. Evil grin Candice, House broke two legs on the 11.2, no matter what he tells you. JK, the other half the time I run down them. Tanya, if you are a musician, you had better get onto MySpace. Marcus, has it been 30 minutes yet?

Why is it sideways?

I suck at drinking while running, so in the first monkey where I felt great the whole time, I stopped for about 15 seconds each time I drank (granted, only three times) to make sure I got the fluids down. It really helped me relax and stay calm. The second monkey I felt like walking, stopping, laying down in the grass until it was all over, but I didn't. So, I understand not wanting to walk, too. FWIW, I don't walk any of the uphills on the 11.2, but I tried as an experiment walking all the steep uphills on the red-white-blue trails in PWP one time to see how much it would slow me down. I was surprised when I actually completed the loop 5 minutes faster--and felt better. So, it's definitely something worth trying. Plus, if you practice walking, you'll get better at it. I think Jamie Dial once impressed Trent with his walking ability. BTW, I'm seeing the doc at the foot and ankle center today at Vandy. Hopefully he'll show me the path to the Monkey...
                      Candice, House broke two legs on the 11.2, no matter what he tells you.
                      House doesn't get to run out there as much as I do. That probably makes a difference.

Lazy idiot

You have no say. You've never even ran a marathon. What is it with you people. Oh, and.... ask Mississippi what one eye roll means Wink
                        1) I know what a fucking eye roll means. Whatever I want it to mean, that's what. In this case, it's me yawning at this conversation. 2) I'm not adding a "say". It was my impression that JK's comment was for you to quit shitting all over people for making comments. Shannon wasn't saying you should walk the stops, just that you could (as I read it anyway). Any time someone makes a Phelpsdamn comment (not even a suggestion) about your running your eyeballs get flames in them and you start throwing shit around the padded room. Chill the fuck out. Folks who are less experienced than you may not have the personal knowledge of what does or doesn't work, but that doesn't give you the right to crap on someone for saying something. Hell, if the top marathoners in the world only listened to those who had done something better than them, it'd get awfully quiet at that table, huh? I'm sure there's shit in this post that I'm gonna wish I hadn't posted, and I'll get responses like, "Dude," but I'm not gonna edit it. It'll serve as a reminder to all who tread here that sometimes words (and muthafuckin eye rolls) can be taken a little too seriously. Peace, sista.

Tick tock

The Greatest of All Time

BTW, I'm seeing the doc at the foot and ankle center today at Vandy. Hopefully he'll show me the path to the Monkey...
                          Good luck with that Jeff. Keep us informed. Smile

S&M Collector

I'm not going to comment on Candice's running or training other than reluctantly admitting that she is a helluva runner. Black eye As I stated several months back when she called me an idiot and harped on me for for plans I had to run a marathon..........I am probably not in a position to be offering anybody much advice when it comes to how to run or train. And, consequently, I don't solicit advice very often. I'm here to offer some DAMN's, take some cool points, make new friends, and keep in touch with all of you. However, I think the more of yoursellf that you leave out there and the more passion you show about your training and race goals/aspirations on the board, the more you open yourself up for advice......unsolicited or not. Drew, you said it pretty well in your post. Let's keep those cards and letters coming and keep supporting each other in our quests.
                            Come across any cool medals lately?

S&M Collector

Candice, House broke two legs on the 11.2, no matter what he tells you.
                              Whatever. Roll eyes I'll be out there once a week after this weekend is over.
                              Come across any cool medals lately?
                              Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey