Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Your suggestions are needed (Read 1058 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

blah blah blah

I'm not sure what you mean.  Registration opened on August 1, 2011 at 8am central time.

My understanding of what Tanya was trying to say was that the stated wording of the sold out statements may imply to those not familiar with the "repeat offender" situation is that you sold 200(+) spots in 3:58. 

As it happened, you actually sold considerably less in the 8:00:00-8:03:58 window.

It's not just a popular race, it's a popular race that is already 60%+ full by the time the average Jack and Jill have a chance to sign up.

Yes, this is what I meant.

Technically, it "sold out" in 4 days and 4 minutes. I know all of us here are familiar with the early password registration, but anyone else trying to register outside of The Monkey Clique is probably baffled and frustrated. All they're seeing is that it sold out impossibly quickly and a link to a blog that suggests the Monkey fills up faster than Boston.

If you did away with allowing nearly 200 people to register early, it wouldn't make for as good Sold Out in Minutes! publicity, but it would bring in new people and make registration more fair.

In so many words....SHES CALLING YOU A LIAR TRENT!!

Wink

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Technically, it "sold out" in 4 days and 4 minutes

Well, not really.  Those who seem to think that they registered early would have known that there was no rush, that they could do so at their leisure.  So a 4 day window is artificially expanded, not compressed by fear of being closed out.

Whatever.  I'm still not sure what you mean.  Registration opened on August 1, 2011 at 8am central time.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

f you did away with allowing nearly 200 people to register early, it wouldn't make for as good Sold Out in Minutes! publicity, but it would bring in new people and make registration more fair.

A lottery would eliminate both early registration and a Sold Out in Minutes.

DoppleBock

Actually a lottery signup for all is not a bad idea

I think you could comb through the list (Or a Monkey Henchman) and pick out the streakers and the top 5 men and women and give them the lottery spots.  Once the list has been combed through then a real lottery can happen -

I would still hold on to a few Trent's choice spots in case really fast people or really good looking women ask for a spot after the lottery.

I am not sure how you set up something where they enter their CC number, but are not charged until they are chosen in the lottery?

A lottery would eliminate both early registration and a Sold Out in Minutes.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I am not sure how you set up something where they enter their CC number, but are not charged until they are chosen in the lottery?

Several registration sites offer this, I believe. 

lostinthenet3

MM#1869

The Mt Washington Auto road race has a simular problem as you trent. They have a lottery and you put all of your info in and 3 weeks later they inform you if you are in. They also have a back door option in registration that says you have to supply volunteer in order to run. I sold Mel inorder to run. They let all of the previous runners who have run the last 3yrs auto entry and thier field is capped at 700. But they do have 20 spots if you bring them a volenteer. You don't seem to need volenteers like they do so not an option for your race. Maybe going forward you keep idiots like me out. I don't belong in this field as I am way to slow. However this yr all I can think of is the fun of last yr and as I have been rehabing to get back out there. last night marked my 3rd day I have run. last night at track I see just how out of shape I have gotten with this long healing process. Still no one at the previous monkeys have ever cared how slow I am and the monkey is the only marathon where I can meet and have dinner with the winner afterwards. In fact mel has already put in for next yr off from work just so we can come down. How about having a mini monkey on sat?

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."

Doug- there is going to be a wonderful women's event the day before Monkey and Mel should do it! Viva la Diva 10 miler and 5K. Lots of walkers and lots of goodies. In Franklin, TN.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Skooter 3.0

Again- if I EVER am not accepted I will EAT you. AND your family. AND probably run bandit anyway.

This is what you're dealing with.

Goals?

Skooter 3.0

You have good people like me and Doug and Ennay and C & B and DB driving/flying down every year, and then you have fairweather a holes like Thunder and Mikey and Trent Apple and Jeff and Tanya......hmmmmm.

Goals?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Where were you in 2006?

DoppleBock

How could I have been saved in 2006 & 2007 if I did not even know your name?  I was like dry bones on the desert floor. 

Where were you in 2006?

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

purpleprincess

Doug- there is going to be a wonderful women's event the day before Monkey and Mel should do it! Viva la Diva 10 miler and 5K. Lots of walkers and lots of goodies. In Franklin, TN.

Thanks for the suggestion, that sounds great!

Mellll! I wont show you my bra this year, I promise.