Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

I dub thee "Storm Monkey" (Read 911 times)

xor

"...and we can say we ran it the year it rained a lot".  At least it wasn't cold.

Great big fun.

Well, sort of.  Not a good year for me.  Monkey PW, actually. By a lot. And as I will retire before Monkey-next, fooey.  That's not the way to go out. (LAST year apparently should have been it for me)

I threw away my shoes at the airport.

Great seeing everybody again and meeting some new people.

Sorry about the people who puked and passed out and stuff.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yes.  The year it rained.  I was there.

Imminent Catastrophe

It rained for a long time. Epic!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

bdub

Shoe Alarmist

Sorry about the people who puked and passed out and stuff.

It is healthier to puke and pass-out than to pass-out and puke. 

Monkey PW, actually. By a lot.

But you ran a long race in Alabama the day before.  I fell short of my goal of buying a sili cup and I didn't even buy silicone cups yesterday. 

I talked to some good people out on the course and loved the volunteers and after-race spread. 
          Some amazing woman at an aid station took my long sleeve shirt back to the start line too!

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

Had a great time - harder than I anticipated.  Guess I didn't heed the warnings.  Nice to meet / see a few RA'rs.

• Black Canyon 100k
            • RRR
            • Zane Grey 100k
            • High Lonesome 100
            • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
            • The Bear 100
            • Javelina Jundred (?)

Ouch.  My legs are not happy with me today.

It was an awesome weekend!  Thanks for putting on a great event, Trent!

Looks like you'll have to put off retirement, Robert.

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

I think the monkeys bit my foot at least 3 times, for no good reason I rolled my right foot twice around mile 14 and 15, and had a sharp spasm in the same foot at about mile 22,  enough to stop me in my tracks, but not realy injured, I don't think, so got to be Monkey attacks.

Running in the rain was fun, definitely better than the warm, humid  run I was dreading at the start.  

C-R

Monsoon Monkey was a blast but I really have to wonder when water wrinkles will go away.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                  "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Running in the rain was fun, definitely better than the warm, humid  run I was dreading at the start.  

+1 I was worried about 70 degrees after the last week being sub-50 in Ohio. I was thankful for the cooling rain during the run.

Monsoon Monkey... cute :-)

mta:

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

I passed out...a1 puked. It wasn't a combo. Ran my worst marathon time in quite a while too. Sucks to be 15-20 minutes off what I thought I'd do....shouldn't complain too much I guess since I still got a croch monkey. I'm retired though. Done chasing a monkey 1st place.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

On which account?

Was it all a dream?

I call BS

When? My phone isnt't showing any missed calls...
                          xor

The over/under on that was "15 minutes".

Sadly, all the action was on the over.

bhearn

Ran my worst marathon time in quite a while too. Sucks to be 15-20 minutes off what I thought I'd do....shouldn't complain too much I guess since I still got a croch monkey. I'm retired though. Done chasing a monkey 1st place.

FWIW I think a 3:10ish Monkey is comparable to < 3:00 at -- say -- New York. And you were still beat up from New York. All in all I'd say you did pretty well.