Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Pre-Race and Post Race ... (Read 931 times)

#artbydmcbride

Yes!  Bring it on.  Heat training R us!

Runners run

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Count me (and the wife and kid) in for post race Mafiosza's, pre race pasta dinner, pre-packet pickup pizza if it is also occurring, and Saturday morning Monkey run (just me for that one, though).  And Ennay and Drew - me makes three.

And depending on what time we hit town on Friday I'd be down for some honky-tonkin and beer-.swillin.  Somebody from the Friday group PM me your cell so I can cathc up with you all. 

And Oh yeah - We'll be at the Microtel as well.

monkeycmonkeydo

I guess I would lose my mother of the year award if I ditched the kid tomorrow night on her 13th birthday and went honky-tonkin' instead.

Big grin

Hoodoo Guru

Count me (and the wife and kid) in for post race Mafiosza's, pre race pasta dinner, pre-packet pickup pizza if it is also occurring, and Saturday morning Monkey run (just me for that one, though).  And Ennay and Drew - me makes three.

And depending on what time we hit town on Friday I'd be down for some honky-tonkin and beer-.swillin.  Somebody from the Friday group PM me your cell so I can cathc up with you all. 

And Oh yeah - We'll be at the Microtel as well.

There are a lot of Gerwins working water stop #1 with me on Sat.  I assume that's your family.  I'll try to be on my best behavior.

The tangents are moot.

DoppleBock

My wife and I are skipping our kids Church Christmas program to go see the Packer / Titan game December 23rd.   

I guess I would lose my mother of the year award if I ditched the kid tomorrow night on her 13th birthday and went honky-tonkin' instead.

Big grin

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

monkeycmonkeydo

My wife and I are skipping our kids Church Christmas program to go see the Packer / Titan game December 23rd.   

I'm not seeing the problem here.   

Luckily my daughter is going to the game with me.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I'm not running the race, but hope to meet some RA'ers and drink some beer. My wife is making some chocolate cheesecake cupcakes for me to bring and I'll have an assortment of beers and maybe a growler or two from Sun King or Flat12. Any requests Trent?

I plan to be in town Saturday afternoon and would like to try and "run" the Main Drive to see what you loonies are getting yourselves into.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

DoppleBock

I am confused, How do you run monkey and work waterstop #1? 

There are a lot of Gerwins working water stop #1 with me on Sat.  I assume that's your family.  I'll try to be on my best behavior.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

WhoDat, see what SK has seasonal right now Smile

Hoodoo Guru

I am confused, How do you run monkey and work waterstop #1? 

Not running this year.  Trent is right.  Running is stupid.  This race is stupider.

The tangents are moot.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

WhoDat, see what SK has seasonal right now Smile

The website says they have the following seasonals on tap.

Radar Love Radar Love is a Belgian-Style Blonde Ale that's full of flavor yet light and refreshing. Our interpretation of this classic style starts with simple biscuit-like flavors from the malt and finishes with hints of apple and pear that are imparted by the unique Belgian yeast used to ferment it. 4.4%
                        Stiff Upper Lip The Official Beer of Movember Indy. Stiff Upper Lip is a brown lager with a toasty malt base, just enough hops to keep it honest and a crisp lager finish. 4.9%
                        Obtuse Juice Obtuse Juice is the next generation of our much loved Angle Juice. It is an over the top IPA with a clean malt base and citrus punch of grapefruit and lemon from the abundant use of American hops. 7.4%

Final decision will be based on what I like best, which may very well differ from everyone else, but you're welcome to weigh in. Smile

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

DoppleBock

Sad day for sure.

Maybe next year you will have to run it twice? 

Not running this year.  Trent is right.  Running is stupid.  This race is stupider.

Hoodoo Guru

I'm planning a big comeback for the 10th Anniversary race.

The tangents are moot.

DoppleBock

Is that the 24 hours of Monkey Race?

I'm planning a big comeback for the 10th Anniversary race.

Hoodoo Guru

How many times could you run that course in 24 hours?  I could run it once.  I've been hard pressed to make it from the finish line to the beer line without a stop to sit down for a little while.

The tangents are moot.