Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Grass (Read 559 times)

The Thunder

Lessee. So far today, Thunder, who has yet to run the Monkey, has advised that folks stay in a hotel at the other end of town from the race, that there is less grass on the course than there really is, and has messed with admin functions on this board. Super Thunder!! Smile
    Hey, I'm a 2 time volunteer!

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

Oh Mighty Wing

Are you running it this year??
      JakeKnight

But then how could he get his special "3 time volunteer" t-shirt?

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
        -----------------------------

"run" "2" "eat"

ah, so the grass is before the monkey....
          pretty much the only way you will be able to stand to do the monkey is to partake of grass before the monkey.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

The Thunder

That is the plan. I'm also planning on running Louisville in October...and I'm not running much now! Gulp.

That is the plan. I'm also planning on running Louisville in October...and I'm not running much now! Gulp.
              Dude, HTFU. I'm worried about my 30-35 mile base.

Oh Mighty Wing

Thunder, you are running more than me! Smile Plus the beginning half of the year looks really strong! I'm sure you will do GREAT!! And hey who knows next week may be enough to get you back in into it!

The Thunder

Thunder, you are running more than me! Smile Plus the beginning half of the year looks really strong! I'm sure you will do GREAT!! And hey who knows next week may be enough to get you back in into it!
                  Log stalker. You arent going to say anything about my "cross training"?!

Oh Mighty Wing

I never made it that far... so I went back... you are a cross training beast! And it looks like you picked up on the cross-training which I would think would cause you to cut back on running for a while anyway.

The Thunder

I never made it that far... so I went back... you are a cross training beast! And it looks like you picked up on the cross-training which I would think would cause you to cut back on running for a while anyway.
                      Thanks...it's "Tri Season" for me still....so I spend time on the bike and in the pool/water. I actually ran my best 5k in 12 years a couple weeks ago, without any real running mileage/speedwork to speak of. So I'm feeling pretty good about bumping my mileage up and having a good fall running season when I finish my last Tri.

Oh Mighty Wing

ohh see! then you have a plan and a reason so you will totally kick ass this fall! When is your last tri?

The Thunder

ohh see! then you have a plan and a reason so you will totally kick ass this fall! When is your last tri?
                          That is a question that even I don't know the answer to yet. I keep wanting to extend my season...but I know that will screw my marathon. So I'm sort of indecisive right now.

Oh Mighty Wing

hmm it's a shame you can't extend your runs without hurting your tri efforts. I mean you probably could but it would probably involve taking time away from Mrs. Thunder - which would NOT be smart!
                              The grass is the least of your worries. I know a good hook-up.
                              Sweet.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Oh Mighty Wing

wow - I just got what you meant... holy crap i'm dumb.