Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Post Monkey Shenanigans (Read 532 times)

Hoodoo Guru

Each year after the race we have gathered at Mafioso's, a nice bar/restaurant located on 12th Ave S. I think we have met about 6 pm for these gatherings.

This has never been organized in advanced, Mafioso's has just kind of by chance become our default gathering spot.

I actually like the atmosphere at Mafioso's post Monkey, but I'm not married to it. Some other options would include bars in Bellevue or White Bridge Rd. area (closer to hotels,) downtown (a little more of the country music atmosphere which our out of town visitors may enjoy,) Vandy area (co-eds, non-competitive SEC football team.)

Any strong feelings one way or another? Any other suggestions? Comments? Questions? Recommendations? Guidance? Warnings?

The tangents are moot.

Skooter 3.0

I like shenanigans....

Goals?

A Saucy Wench

as long as there is a gathering I am good. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

MAFIAOZOS

With a freaking Z dude. A freaking Z. And mafia, like Tony Saprano.

That's where i'll be...I don't care where you guys go.

I like Mafioso's, but I'll go anywhere!  (provided I'm still standing)

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Well...i'm going here:

MAFIAoZA'S

bdub

Shoe Alarmist

I've been to Savarino's and Mafiaoza's and concluded that Nashville just doesn't understand pizza.
                Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

bdub, those two places don't do pizza.  Don't judge Nashville based on them.

And what is your Kentuckiana reference point?

Hoodoo Guru

Thanks, this is the kind of feedback I like.

Does anyone know how to get in touch with Candice?  I'm interested in her opinion.

The tangents are moot.

I've been to Savarino's and Mafiaoza's and concluded that Nashville just doesn't understand pizza.

Join us for lunch at Pizza Perfect on Saturday.

Thanks, this is the kind of feedback I like.

Does anyone know how to get in touch with Candice?  I'm interested in her opinion.

HAAAAAAY Dallas!

bdub

Shoe Alarmist

bdub, those two places don't do pizza.  Don't judge Nashville based on them.

And what is your Kentuckiana reference point?

I wouldn't sincerely judge the entirety of Nashville za based on those 2 eats.  You know that (I actually enjoyed both places for independent reasons)

In unrelated news I still need to learn from where I may procure a hot fish sandwich.

My Kentuckiana za reference points:

• BBQ Chicken:  Cafe Lou Lou  (Ditto's is also acceptable yet entirely different for BBQ Chicken)
                          • General Purpose Pie:  Impellizzeris or NABC
                          • Wick's was once good but seems to be in a perpetual state of decline.  Maybe I no longer get drunk enough or stay out late enough to fully benefit from its kitchen?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Impellizari's is fine 'za.  But it ain't really traditional.  But is sho is fine.

When you gonna be in town looking for hot fish?

bdub

Shoe Alarmist

Impellizari's is fine 'za.  But it ain't really traditional.  But is sho is fine.

When you gonna be in town looking for hot fish?

Verily and forsooth!  I was thinking it may sit nicely on a post-race belly full of Yazoo and the people's smörgåsbord.

Elly.

I'm afraid Nashville is land-locked.  You're not going to have any fish that ain't been frozen getting here.  Only fresh fish around here is catfish .... they are bottom feeders.   The way to cook them is deep-frying. 

http://www.ellyfosterphotography.com/