Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Monkey Training (Read 729 times)

Why is it sideways?

Who has the BQ here? And who's giving advice to whom?
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Nice use of who and whom.
        Who has the BQ here?
        Me. Tanya. House. Good luck at the doctor today Jeff, I hope you get some answers.

Why is it sideways?

Nice use of who and whom.
          Thanks, dude. BTW, made progress last night on the dissertation. Whew. Hopefully more this afternoon. And I'll get to the informatics stuff soon. Sorry I've been a little distracted lately, not sure why. MTA: thanks Candice. p.s. Don't do stupid shit and end up injured for months while people you were beating a year ago start running sick sick times. You might regret it.
          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

When did House BQ? For real.

The Thunder

When did House BQ? For real.
              Louisville 07

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

S&M Collector

Louisville 07 and Kiawah Island 07
                Fixed.
                Come across any cool medals lately?
                Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Louisville 07
                  Got it, I had forgotten. Is that a fast course?

S&M Collector

Got it, I had forgotten. Is that a fast course?
                    Yes! They say that on a good day, you should be able to run 8.5 GETM"s per hour.
                      MTA: But...I didn't get a stress fracture before St Louis/CMM, and that's exactly how I ran. You're saying the difference would be that I haven't trained like this in 3-4 months?
                      Nah, I'm just giving a general advice announcement. Or, rather, since that's how I got injured, I feel compelled to lecture everyone else. I mean, you already know that sudden increases in distance/speed can sometimes lead to injury. But some people are really resillient, so maybe it won't affect you. And, anyway, I would agree that you're a lot faster than this time last year....so I'm sure your long run pace is a lot faster. Anyway, when you beat everyone at the Monkey who's giving you advice now, it'll be a nice WHAT NOW BITCHES? moment.

A big thing everyone may be missing is the fact that Candice is ~ 20 years younger than a lot of us. So while I'm trying to learn how to get better, it's good for me to remember I MAY not be able to train the way Candice does.
                          Actually, I think everyone's acutely aware of the age difference... As someone 24 years older than Candice, my experience is that you can train the same way (i.e same miles, types of runs, intensity), but you may not get the same results unless you actually train more. And it will take you longer to recover. I wish pRED would come in here. He's a great one for kicking asses when anyone says that an older person can't train the way a younger person does. In fact, I owe him a big thanks for putting that bug in my brain.

S&M Collector

I wish pRED would come in here. He's a great one for kicking asses when anyone says that an older person can't train the way a younger person does.
                            Really? Never wake a sleeping bear. Having to put up with him in person once a week is enough for me. Wink

The Greatest of All Time

He's a great one for kicking asses when anyone says that an older person can't train the way a younger person does.
                              This last Spring were the highest total miles per month for me ever. And I am old. I got injured and all, but whatever.
                              all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
                                Actually, I think everyone's acutely aware of the age difference... As someone 24 years older than Candice, my experience is that you can train the same way (i.e same miles, types of runs, intensity), but you may not get the same results unless you actually train more. And it will take you longer to recover.
                                Muscle cells recover more quickly for younger people. I'm not using age as an excuse to NOT train hard, but I know for a fact that I can't train (at least fast twitch muscles) the way I could when I was 15 years younger because my body recovers much more slowly (which is what you said). I didn't run when I was younger so I can't really compare that. So a younger person can train more intensely more often, which is what I meant when I said I may not be able to train the way Candice trains. And why would you wish for the pRED guy to kick my ass? I though we was frenz - well at least virtual friends. Big grin