Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Pickles! (Read 622 times)

"run" "2" "eat"

because you are WEAK!!

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Slice

Hendersonville Running Club will once again be working the water stop at Mile 3 and 23 and be providing pickles along with other goodies. Any other special requests? We want to help you finish that last 3.2 miles strong!

Mile 3 - A ride back to the start line.

Mile 23 - A stretcher to the finish line.

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

Mr MattM

because you are WEAK!!

Clearly, no greater truth has ever been written.

be curious; not judgmental

WP of HRC

STOAT- did you get your trailmix?
          Stoat

Negative. I couldn't stomach food by that point and just wanted to be done. It was offered and very appreciated.

Slice

I had some trail mix & I thoroughly enjoyed it! Thank y'all for the support. Now if someone would just make a gel with pain relievers. I was disappointed there were no actual rickshaws at the aid station.

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

#artbydmcbride

Nobody paid me the $50 for the privilege of massaging me!  False advertisement!

Runners run

Those pickles were great! I really enjoyed them.

Any pickle related fueling tips?

Thanks!

Mr MattM

I had some trail mix & I thoroughly enjoyed it! Thank y'all for the support. Now if someone would just make a gel with pain relievers. I was disappointed there were no actual rickshaws at the aid station.

I'm with you on this one, Kelly/Karen/Kathy/Kim (pick one).

No rickshaws.  I won't be running this damn race again!

WP of HRC

I'm with you on this one, Kelly/Karen/Kathy/Kim (pick one).

No rickshaws.  I won't be running this damn race again!

Ahh, but the laugh must have been worth about twenty feet of energy, right? ;-)

A Saucy Wench

I tried a pickle. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Mr MattM

I tried a pickle. 

The pickles were awesome!

OrangeMat

MM #6177

The pickles were awesome!

+1

Marathon Maniac #957

We just put up our Christmas tree, and on it is a pickle ornament.  Grandma told 10yo DD that there is an old tradition about hding the pickle in the tree somewhere, and the first person to find it on Christmas morning has good luck for a year.

I find it very inappropriate the grandma is teaching my DD to play "hide the pickle."

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

We just put up our Christmas tree, and on it is a pickle ornament.  Grandma told 10yo DD that there is an old tradition about hding the pickle in the tree somewhere, and the first person to find it on Christmas morning has good luck for a year.

I find it very inappropriate the grandma is teaching my DD to play "hide the pickle."

Smile

steph