Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

The future brings you the Twelfth Monkey (Read 39 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The future has sent me to warn you here in the past, perhaps to protect you and save your own future.

You are the unfortunate recipient of this note because you have shown interest in the Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon. Which means you ain't bright. Since you ain’t bright, I figured maybe you want to run this fool race.

The past has taught us that the future registration for 2017 will involve a weighted lottery via the registration website. The registration website will be open for one week. That is, you will have one week to put your name in the hat. After this weeklong period closes, we will use a weighted lottery to select those who will have the misfortune of running the Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon this Fall. If selected to run your credit card will be charged $90, and we will notify you of your poor luck. If you are not selected to run, you can thank your lucky stars.

Approximately 300 runners will be selected to run the marathon through the weighted lottery.

Registration for the weighted lottery would begin on August 1, 2017 at 8AM Central Daylight Time. Registration for the lottery would then close on August 8, 2017 at 8am. The lottery to be held some time in the week that follows.

When the lottery registration opens on August 1, you can access online registration here: http://www.runningahead.com/events/Monkey

Please note: there will also be an option to make an additional tax-deductible donation to the Friends of Warner Parks, which will allow you to bypass the lottery and get right in. This options will be available on a first come, first served basis. Details are provided on the registration website. The Friends of Warner Parks dedicates itself to the preservation, protection, and stewardship of Percy and Edwin Warner Parks, where the marathon is held. FOWP works to protect the natural and historical integrity of the area by supporting appropriate recreational activities, maintaining and enhancing its features, and promoting programs that inspire appreciation and conservation of the Parks. Friends is a 501(c)3 organization.

Twelve Monkeys
    Trent

I have a fast runner for you if he makes it through the lottery!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Not_Race_Coach

'15 Forumite of the Year

Fool me twice....

...this post has been brought to you by gossip websites and whiskey.

bdub

Shoe Alarmist

I have a fast runner for you if he makes it through the lottery!

He must not be a good friend if you're hoping he makes it through the lottery.

He's my kid!  He seems intent on doing this.  His only other marathon was at the Kona Ironman World Championships in 2013.  He's done a lot of tough 70.3s (half IM) and usually places in top few overall, so we'll see what he thinks of Monkey!

He must not be a good friend if you're hoping he makes it through the lottery.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

C-R

Some might consider that child abuse RKSA.

I was asked to join a Ragnar team for Nov race. I told them it could not be on Monkey weekend. Quick check shows it was the weekend before Monkey so all is well in the universe.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

BenTN

Tried to sign up twice but RA crashed authorizing my CC.

I'll try again later.

BenTN

or maybe I should take it as a sign from the monkey's....and not enter? Nah.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Ben, send me an email about this and I will escalate.

bdub

Shoe Alarmist

Ben, send me an email about this and I will escalate.

donnahardings

Monkey farts