Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Where did the time go? (Read 697 times)

DoppleBock

Only 16 workouts left until Monkey (If I actually get focussed)

1 - Long (35+)

6 - hill workouts

5 - CV intervals

4 - Lat

Not that it really matters as I will suck anyway - I am just hoping to suck less than last year.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

You cannot train for Monkey.

DoppleBock

I am just training - Not for Monkey - But to be a better runner.

Somewhere I lost that concept along the way - I am just hoping to not look weak this year - Last year the damn Monkeys could sense my weakness and beat me pretty bad.  I am not sure why I am returning this year?

A Saucy Wench

I am just training - Not for Monkey - But to be a better runner.

Somewhere I lost that concept along the way - I am just hoping to not look weak this year - Last year the damn Monkeys could sense my weakness and beat me pretty bad.  I am not sure why I am returning this year?

Yazoo on tap at the finish.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

xor

I'm now faced with the rather strange puzzlement of whether MJ is going to publicly depants me at Monkey.

Undecided

DoppleBock

Since my name is Michael John (MJ) - I will depants you if it reduces your puzzlement 

I'm now faced with the rather strange puzzlement of whether MJ is going to publicly depants me at Monkey.

Undecided

Hoodoo Guru

Undecided

I bet there's an interesting story somewhere here.

The tangents are moot.

xor

I would happily be depantsed by MtP.

Dallas, I'm not 100% sure of the story, not really.  It's a bunch of message board faux-drama occurring over on fb.  The point is that real life is going to be slightly less comfortable because of it.  As with anyone, myself included, sometimes when one is convinced of the right-ness of one's views, one may miss the idea that he/she is doing the exact thing that he/she is poking others for. Or worse.

Anyway, I brought it up less to deconstruct what da deal is, and more to say, "yay, now a happy weekend is going to be a little less happy. For dumb as turd reasons."

The internet sucks.

Doesn't really have to be less happy, does it?  Granted, I don't know the story behind it, but maybe just focus on the good? I'm sure that person doesn't deserve control over your happiness.

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

xor

Well, saying he/it totally controls my happiness is a bit strong.  I wrote "a little less happy".  But mostly it's just the odd uncomfortableness wondering if he's going to continue calling me out in message boards, or if this is going to come up in real life too.  Because happy or not, it's just freakin weird.  Especially since I am unclear why I've become the stick up his ass.

lostinthenet3

MM#1869

I bet there's an interesting story somewhere here.

I agree There must be. 1 day post Baystate and I still dread the idea of 26.2 after 13.1.  If it was not Mels Birthday on the 20th I would quit now. and avoid the pain but part of me wants the damm monkey kill on the shirt. The things I do for clothes. I ran 3yrs in the will run for beer series for a jacket and in 2 weeks will finish the usatf-ne for my 2nd iron runner jacket by doing all 8 races. Running is indead stupid.

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."

Robert- MJ seems to let things go for Monkey weekend. Past wars have resolved at packet pickup. There are plenty of others to be a buffer, too.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Because happy or not, it's just freakin weird.  

People are weird.  Some people doubly so.

See ya at Monkey.  Hopefully my injured foot will be completely well by then or else I might become monkey food.

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

xor

===

<h6>An open letter to Robert Lopez. Sir, I feel that you may take more of a philosophical approach to these boards than I do. While I have read many, if not all, of your posts with a certain view point and felt that you were socially inept and do not know how to encourage others in a positive way without, in some way, negating their accomplishments, I have had a paradigm shift. And in no part, because of your own words. Surely you realize that anything you type is essentially public. IT will get back to those you do not wish to view it. You see what I see but we see it from a different lens. In part, I am publicly sorry for my harsh terms on the board as of late. I know I can't change how you post so I promise to try to see your posts from your analytical and philosophical side of things. I hope that you will be able to continue to positively motivate runners and think about how the post might appear to other runners if you so choose. I, for one, don't give two rolling donuts how my posts appear and thus I post all that I want and how I want. Hate me and what I do and I will still do what I do. You may feel the same way. Alas, I doubt you do or you would not send messages to people that are near and dear to me. Final point, if there is a point; I will do my best to "appreciate" your posts and not consider you the enemy. After all, you have RUN MORE marathons than I. ;-) Sincerely, The Junkie </h6>

===

I don't have a clue what any of this is about, but I would agree that MJ can come across as a complete and utter jackass, sexist, pompous, blowhard jerk on message boards. Then, in person, he's rather nice. All in all, I just prefer to steer clear of him.