Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

The google countdown (Read 629 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

is very fun!! Thanks Trent!

Imminent Catastrophe

?

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Oh Mighty Wing

S&M Collector

I don't think a monkey countdown is such a good thing. I don't want to be reminded that I am one day closer to the misery.
        Come across any cool medals lately?

Oh Mighty Wing

I don't think a monkey countdown is such a good thing. I don't want to be reminded that I am one day closer to the misery.
          Yeah but you also aren't tied to a schedule. You go about it all willy nilly like where as me and my crazy ways like a schedule and a countdown - which I would have done for myself eventually!

S&M Collector

Yeah but you also aren't tied to a schedule. You go about it all willy nilly like where as me and my crazy ways like a schedule and a countdown - which I would have done for myself eventually!
            Alright, fine. You do raise a good point. I was going through some papers on my desk this morning and found a copy of a 17 week marathon training program that I had printed out. I swear I had not looked at since a year ago at this time! Speaking of countdown, how is training going so far for you, Shan? Not sure whose training plan you're using, but what was their suggestion for this week?
            Come across any cool medals lately?
              Alright, fine. You do raise a good point. I was going through some papers on my desk this morning and found a copy of a 17 week marathon training program that I had printed out. I swear I had not looked at since a year ago at this time! Speaking of countdown, how is training going so far for you, Shan? Not sure whose training plan you're using, but what was their suggestion for this week?
              Ok I'm not Shannon. Just someone who is in needs of like a 8 week schedule for a marathon lol. Guess I've got some looking around to do. Also how is training going so far Shannon?

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Oh Mighty Wing

I'm using a modified HH Int. Plan. I think... I claimed it as my own over a month ago and can't remember how i got there... anyway, on tap for this week is: 3,5,3,2,3,13,2 So far so good! I took 2 days off over the weekend which was nice for my legs - I didn't even beat myself up because it was a cut-back week anyway. haha. So I'm back at it this week. Other than the long run the runs are feeling pretty routine - nothing really out of the norm. so that's really nice. If'd you'd like to see the whole plan I'd be more than happy to share: 3-6-3-2-3-14-2 3-6-3-2-4-9-2 4-7-4-2-4-15-2 4-7-4-2-4-16-2 4-7-4-2-4-11-2 4-8-4-2-5-18-2 5-8-5-2-5-13-2 --- i've already changed this to fit in a 5k 5-8-5-2-5-18-2 5-5-5-2-5-20-2 5-8-5-2-6-12-2 5-5-5-2-6-20-2 5-4-5-2-6-12-2 4-3-4-2-3-8-2 3-2-2-2-2-2-MONKEY The 2's are where off/cross training days were.
                  Hey Pam...have you looked at Pfitz plans? He has ones that short...get the book Advanced Marathoning.

Hey Pam...have you looked at Pfitz plans? He has ones that short...get the book Advanced Marathoning.
                    I'm looking at his 12 week Advanced Marathon training program though I want to peak at around 70-80 not 55 Confused Of course that all depends on that I'm ready to go full speed come this Monday. I'll definitely look at getting the book. Thanks Candice Big grin MTA: guess I should probably look closer to peaking around 70 miles not 80 *sigh* though 80 would be good for the Monkey.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

I'm using a modified HH Int. Plan. I think... I claimed it as my own over a month ago and can't remember how i got there... anyway, on tap for this week is: 3,5,3,2,3,13,2 So far so good! I took 2 days off over the weekend which was nice for my legs - I didn't even beat myself up because it was a cut-back week anyway. haha. So I'm back at it this week. Other than the long run the runs are feeling pretty routine - nothing really out of the norm. so that's really nice. If'd you'd like to see the whole plan I'd be more than happy to share: 3-6-3-2-3-14-2 3-6-3-2-4-9-2 4-7-4-2-4-15-2 4-7-4-2-4-16-2 4-7-4-2-4-11-2 4-8-4-2-5-18-2 5-8-5-2-5-13-2 --- i've already changed this to fit in a 5k 5-8-5-2-5-18-2 5-5-5-2-5-20-2 5-8-5-2-6-12-2 5-5-5-2-6-20-2 5-4-5-2-6-12-2 4-3-4-2-3-8-2 3-2-2-2-2-2-MONKEY The 2's are where off/cross training days were.
                      geez much better training for your first then what I did for my first. I know you have a busy schedule but have you thought aabout changing tho's 4's to at least 5's???

I'm looking at his 12 week Advanced Marathon training program though I want to peak at around 70-80 not 55 Confused Of course that all depends on that I'm ready to go full speed come this Monday. I'll definitely look at getting the book. Thanks Candice Big grin
                        No problem. I'm planning to do the 70 mile plan for Monkey...but alter it since I don't have 18 weeks. How's the recovery coming?

Recovery is going as well as could be expected. The only issue I'm having right now is my right calf. I'm not suprised since after switching shoes at the 35 mile mark I ended up injuring a toe on my right foot which had me hobling around for a few miles. I'm hoping taking it easy will be enough to clear it up. MTA: Thanks for asking.

I have no plan. I never have a plan. I like living on the edge. Okay, not really, the edge is kind of scary at times, I'm just horrible with planning. Things never go as planned so why set myself up for failure, I just skip the planning and see what happens.

Michelle

I have no plan. I never have a plan. I like living on the edge. Okay, not really, the edge is kind of scary at times, I'm just horrible with planning. Things never go as planned so why set myself up for failure, I just skip the planning and see what happens.
                              Good plan.